No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin has an equal, if not better resume than Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Quillin has an equal, if not better resume than Gennady Golovkin

Yet Gennady golovkin gets all this credit lol honestly it must be the surprise factor more than anything.

Real talk, who here knew who the hell GGG was until his scheduled fight with Proska in late 2012? it was an impressive performance no doubt but then this causes a frenzy when people hear the hype from the fanboy HBO crew, then fans check his record on BoxRec and see he has an impressive knockout ratio but they ignore the nobodies on the resume beside Proska, that my friends is the chain of events which cause HYPEEEE.

Peter Quillin by no means has the most amazing resume but this is my point about GGG being so highly hyped despite not having an amazing resume.

Gennady Golovkin's notable wins: -Proska

-Rosado

-Macklin

-Stevens

Peter Quillin's notable wins: - Ronald Wright*

- N'Dam

- Guerrero

- Rosado

*(past his best I know)

As you can see there really isn't a major difference win you take into account the difference in praise. Stevens is a solid contender and a good win for Golovkin although do you see Jesse Brinkley or Marcos Primera get the praise GGG gets? After all, they did beat Stevens before him. In other words, it was a good win but nothing special.

Peter Quillin defeated the tough champion Hassan N'dam when he was undefeated, knocking him down 6 times in the process. This is a more impressive win than anything on Golovkin's resume. Yeah sure Macklin is a good win but it's similar to the Curtis Stevens win, it's already been achieved by Jamie Moore and Andrew Facey so it's nothing special and shouldn't be such a hyped win, not to mention champions at the time like Martinez and Sturm had defeated him BEFORE Golovkin.

That leave Rosado who Golovkin did get to first, another solid win from Golovkin but nothing special when you consider the hype to quality of opponent ratio.
    Peter Quillin
    23.33%
    Their resume's are about the same
    26.67%
    Gennady Golovkin
    50.00%

Quillin has at least beaten a current champion unlike GGG

Comment

Prepare for the negs op

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Prepare for the negs op

i turned him red

Comment

Comment

He'd also lose to GGG if they fought.

Comment

gennadyvich would increase the gap in quillin's teeth by about a foot and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Quillin is Haymon unlike GGG
                  Yes, we know your criteria for rating a fighter. Fact is Quillin has struggled hard with fighter that GGG demolished. Quillin needs to step up to the plate already. He has been playing soft ball for too long, and looking bad at it as well. Every one of these fights he looked bad in. Even the Ndam fight where he knocked the guy down 6 times, he was getting out boxed.

Anyone remember his last fight? God what an awful Haymon cherry-pick and he still couldn't look decent.
                  Last edited by !! Shawn; 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Sir Usman getting red k'd, I might stick a couple on Larry too.

Comment

Working...
                    X