No announcement yet.

Comparing the Everlast gloves from the Everlast website with Maidana's. [Image]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nodogoshi View Post
    So what about the second pair, the red ones?
    That's what I'm interested in seeing. But seriously can anyone blame him after that stunt? I mean last time I saw gloves that looked like that was the resto fight. It's that crazy. I honestly thought it was another Floyd power trip. I swear I did. But that's just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      That's what I'm interested in seeing. But seriously can anyone blame him after that stunt? I mean last time I saw gloves that looked like that was the resto fight. It's that crazy. I honestly thought it was another Floyd power trip. I swear I did. But that's just crazy.
      They were the same way with a tad more resistance. Look at when he puts it on

Comment

Who gives a damn about the padding if skills pay the bills.

Floyd doesn't fight in Everlast or in Cleto Reyes gloves. All he knows is Grant gloves with extra padding around the knuckles to protect his fragile hands. So it's no surprise at all that he thinks Maidana's gloves don't have enough padding.

Mayweather fights in fcking pillows to protect his hands, he can't seriously expect Maidana to do the same.

Comment

The pics are showing the thin side of one and the thicker thumb side of the other.

The commission should decide and both fighters just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            I was being facetious.

If you watch the video, Floyd hands the red gloves off to the glove manufacturer, who can't tell that there is anything wrong. "I don't know, I mostly worry about hand protection." Floyd then jumps into the "He wearing the same sh** I am. Put him in the same sh** as me."

Don't be so gullible, it is obvious that this is just manipulation by Mayweather. Lets give the benefit of the doubt though and say there was perhaps an anomaly with the blue gloves. That's why there is a backup pair (which was approved by the commission). This is just Mayweather BS.

Comment

People are seriously showing some ingorance in here. There is a reason Ellerbe wont approve the red gloves either. BECAUSE THEY FEEL EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME WAY.

All grant gloves, custom or otherwise is made the same. Color is the only difference. The glove was shipped to the commission in ****ing suran wrap. What did you expect it to look lie. The red glove is just as thin, but cleaner looking do to proper packaging.

Comment

It doesn't matter about this pair. Floyd doesn't like it, fine. They have a second red pair, approved by the commission and Floyd still rejected it. He can either fight or walk, but the bottom line is Maidana has a second pair approved and ready to go. Maidana is in the right to wear that second pair and Floyd has no authority to decide against it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  Who gives a damn about the padding if skills pay the bills.

Floyd doesn't fight in Everlast or in Cleto Reyes gloves. All he knows is Grant gloves with extra padding around the knuckles to protect his fragile hands. So it's no surprise at all that he thinks Maidana's gloves don't have enough padding.

Mayweather fights in fcking pillows to protect his hands, he can't seriously expect Maidana to do the same.
                  If he does fight against Reyes or Everlast gloves, they have to be 10 ounces (i.e. Cotto fight).

Mayweather requires special rules.

Do you suppose SRR ever threw a tantrum about an opponent's officially approved gloves the day before a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    It doesn't matter about this pair. Floyd doesn't like it, fine. They have a second red pair, approved by the commission and Floyd still rejected it. He can either fight or walk, but the bottom line is Maidana has a second pair approved and ready to go. Maidana is in the right to wear that second pair and Floyd has no authority to decide against it.
                    I pretty much agree with this. But the first pair def matters. How the hell did that happen? I'm sure the fight will go on. I'm not worried about that. Ppl hate Floyd, but he was right to question those gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                      People are seriously showing some ingorance in here. There is a reason Ellerbe wont approve the red gloves either. BECAUSE THEY FEEL EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME WAY.

All grant gloves, custom or otherwise is made the same. Color is the only difference. The glove was shipped to the commission in ****ing suran wrap. What did you expect it to look lie. The red glove is just as thin, but cleaner looking do to proper packaging.
                      So your argument is that Floyd Mayweather should be able to dictate special rules for his fights?

You are showing some serious ignorance.

The reason for a second pair is in case there is an anomaly with the first pair.

Comment

Working...
                      X