No announcement yet.

Trivia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
    TS wants something official. WBS - Billiards and Snooker?
    No sir. WBS means "We BullShittin' "

Comment

John Kpalongo?

He got a shot at Carlos Zarate's WBC title in '79 with a record of 45-2.

Only all wasn't quite as it seemed. He'd faked his record which actually stood at 1-4.

Which puts him above 'George Weah's cousin' Ali Dia, as one of sports all time blaggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
        John Kpalongo?

He got a shot at Carlos Zarate's WBC title in '79 with a record of 45-2.

Only all wasn't quite as it seemed. He'd faked his record which actually stood at 1-4.

Which puts him above 'George Weah's cousin' Ali Dia, as one of sports all time blaggers.
        Now that's a brilliant piece of trivia...

Points sent.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          Now that's a brilliant piece of trivia...

Points sent.
          Indeed great info...but not the answer

Comment

It was Domingus Siwalette with a record of 0-10.

Comment

Guess I completely misunderstood the question!

I thought we were supposed to find the man with the worst record, at the time he challenged for a world crown - and not at the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                Guess I completely misunderstood the question!

I thought we were supposed to find the man with the worst record, at the time he challenged for a world crown - and not at the end of his career.
                The IBF have always been a joke organization, and with such a drought on little men, so were the minimum weights.. Boxrec have even blanked out Siwalette's stats on the record of Sor Vorapin, who defended against this no hoper.
                See the fight was staged at the Hua Mark in Bangkok, a primitive Muay Thai open air arena, that holds thousands for standing room only.. I've attended some boxing and muay thai events at this venue, and guys like Siwalette get called out of the crowd. I'm not saying, that's how he got his shot, but these part-time paperweight fighters with their odd names and crap records seem to come out of nowhere, so credit to the IBF i suppose for getting the Thai an overseas opponent, but i'll bet a pound to a pinch of the brown stuff, he picked up his own tabs and got paid jack for it.

TS was a bit tight with the clues, but it had to be one of the midgets when u think about it.. Fact it was his last fight is irrelevant really.. Bum question, but good trivia.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBaureit99 View Post

EDIT: Mitch Green won the Vacant WBS Super Heavyweight Title against Danny Wofford who had a record of 17 wins and 94 Losses with 2 draws.
                  I bought that title at a flea market last week.

Comment

Is this about a guy having a negative record or the most losses?
                    Because Freddie Cochrane had 31 losses when he fought Fritzie Zivic for the Welterweight Title.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      The IBF have always been a joke organization, and with such a drought on little men, so were the minimum weights.. Boxrec have even blanked out Siwalette's stats on the record of Sor Vorapin, who defended against this no hoper.
                      See the fight was staged at the Hua Mark in Bangkok, a primitive Muay Thai open air arena, that holds thousands for standing room only.. I've attended some boxing and muay thai events at this venue, and guys like Siwalette get called out of the crowd. I'm not saying, that's how he got his shot, but these part-time paperweight fighters with their odd names and crap records seem to come out of nowhere, so credit to the IBF i suppose for getting the Thai an overseas opponent, but i'll bet a pound to a pinch of the brown stuff, he picked up his own tabs and got paid jack for it.

TS was a bit tight with the clues, but it had to be one of the midgets when u think about it.. Fact it was his last fight is irrelevant really.. Bum question, but good trivia.
                      I'm confused... what stats have they blanked out?

Comment

Working...
                      X