Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price To Face Thompson Next, Then Chisora/Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing is for certain though is that Price is a genuine one-hitter quitter against most likely anyone at heavyweight.

He should step-up. If his chin doesn't hold up it doesn't matter - it's early doors. He's 29 not 39.

Thompson isn't a horrible fight. He needs someone to take him into the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      One thing is for certain though is that Price is a genuine one-hitter quitter against most likely anyone at heavyweight.

He should step-up. If his chin doesn't hold up it doesn't matter - it's early doors. He's 29 not 39.

Thompson isn't a horrible fight. He needs someone to take him into the second half of the fight.

This ^^^^^^. He needs some rounds under his belt.

Comment

I like this path they are putting him on.

Thompson is a legit opponent. Just because he got handled by Wlad doesn't mean he sucks. It will be Price's toughest fight. After that a fight with Fury would be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          This ^^^^^^. He needs some rounds under his belt.
          And you guys think Thompson will be the one to do that? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I've got no problems with this fight. I know Thompson is old but so is Vitali. Thompson has only lost to someone named Klitschko this millennium. It's a great gauge to see how good Price is.

Comment

I don't see Price fighting fury antyime soon now that Fury is on the track for a WBC title shot.

Price should have one more domestic fight to win the Lonsdale belt outright if he hasn't already. That said, Thompson should still prove to be a tough fight for him as he is still young in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                I've got no problems with this fight. I know Thompson is old but so is Vitali. Thompson has only lost to someone named Klitschko this millennium. It's a great gauge to see how good Price is.
                is that sorta like the ricky hatton only lost to the best saying that used to go around? but who did thompson beat? nobody good.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  I was a huge Price fan back in 2011; but he's not stepping up. Unlike Fury, he doesn't have time on his side. Personally, I think there's something suspect going on - either poor matchmaking, or they're padding out Price's resume with shot/limited/bum fighters because of a suspect defence.

I'm not a Fury fan either, but props to him for showing some ambition, finally.
                  suspect chin for sure. at least in the amateurs it was but you get to wear headgear. when his death to the 40 year olds campaign stops we are probably going to see some spectacular ko's out of price for years to come. if we cross our fingers perhaps we finally get a zab judah in the heavyweight division. he's so talented! give him another shot!

Comment

Price is fighting at the right progression. Good stuff. Do it your way.

Comment

Thompson is a good next opponent for Price.

Comment

Working...
                      X