Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum the true reason why Floyd and Pacman haven't fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
    I'm saying you're wrong.

Pac doesn't get paid from "Arum's pocket" moron. His purse is guaranteed by HBO. It has nothing to do with Arum or his pockets.

Any PPV revenue he gets is just upside. Arum is his promoter, not his bank.

That's HBO.
    HBO is not responsible for PPV guarantee's.

They are responsible for regular HBO not PPV. And, even then HBO is not responsible if a promoter has a guarantee minimum to a fighter.

The promoter is responsible for that.

Comment

u guys are looking at this all wrong. yes a promoter works for the fighter. but this isnt an employment contract. its not arum does wat manny says per say. its more a contract of agency, along the lines of working as a persons lawyer, or fiduciary. basically arum does what is supposed to be in the best interests of his client. but the truth is, his client does not have to and most of the time, is not required to tell him what to do per se. arum represents manny. and manny clearly defers a lot of his decisions to arum. but that does not at all mean manny always acts in the best interests of manny. why do u think many fighters sue their promoters? the same as lawyers and malpractice. theres always a balance between doing whats in the best interests of ur fiduciary and trying to increase ur profit margins. and arum definitely crosses that boundary with manny.

Comment

At the end of the day no fight happens without Manny approval. A fight doesn't get made without Manny signature. If a fight doesn't get made it's because Manny(or the opponent) chose to go another way.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          Guys, Pacquiao is not an employee. Pacquiao is a brand. He is what Bob Arum is trying to sell. Pacquiao is a Sony TV. Bob Arum is...Best Buy I guess. But the difference is, Pacquiao has a contract with Arum. In this case, the Sony TV cannot be sold at Target or Wal-Mart. He is strictly under Best Buy. So at the end of the day, Arum is the boss. If you are under a contract, then you have a boss. Contract is just a professional way of saying "You are owned by somebody." Vince McMahon is John Cena's boss. Dana White is Anderson Silva's boss. Get it? Got it? Good.
          I think you are a little off here. Although Pacquiao has his contractual responsibilities to Top Rank, Top Rank also has it's contractual responsibilities to Pacquiao. It's not a contract of employment the way you'd get a job. It's a reciprocal contact between two PRINCIPALS of payment for services rendered, a different thing altogether. The contracts are so SPECIFIC that they take teams of lawyers weeks somethimes to work out what is the contractual responsibility of each to the other. Any deviation from the contract is likely catered for in subsidiary clauses.....viz. clause 3a)....Clause Fg) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            HBO is not responsible for PPV guarantee's.

They are responsible for regular HBO not PPV. And, even then HBO is not responsible if a promoter has a guarantee minimum to a fighter.

The promoter is responsible for that.
            Don't move the goalposts kid.

Admit you don't know shit and go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              u guys are looking at this all wrong. yes a promoter works for the fighter. but this isnt an employment contract. its not arum does wat manny says per say. its more a contract of agency, along the lines of working as a persons lawyer, or fiduciary. basically arum does what is supposed to be in the best interests of his client. but the truth is, his client does not have to and most of the time, is not required to tell him what to do per se. arum represents manny. and manny clearly defers a lot of his decisions to arum. but that does not at all mean manny always acts in the best interests of manny. why do u think many fighters sue their promoters? the same as lawyers and malpractice. theres always a balance between doing whats in the best interests of ur fiduciary and trying to increase ur profit margins. and arum definitely crosses that boundary with manny.
              What you say sounds interesting. What you say about Arum (Top Rank) "crossing the boundary" with Pacquiao sounds even MORE interesting. So, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you please reproduce the evidence which shows this. I'd apprewciate it.

And, generally fighters sue Promoters when they want to get out of their contracts, or find, or THINK they've found that they have been short-paid somewhere along the line. A pity you didn't mention how many, or what percentage of fighters actually WIN their cases against their Promoters, nor what percentage are quietly dropped..............

Comment

What goalpost did I move?

Comment

I believe that here JROSALES is correct. H.B.O. merely pay a fee to the Promoter who is staging the fight, for the exclusive right to show it on their channel, so that they can sell advertising during the intermissions. They may have other reasons I don't know about but one I DO know is that they hope to make money. I'm not sure if they get any of the PPV revenue, but with contracts, the contents of which we NEVER know ANYTHING...it's possible.

you recently saw a "bidding war" between Showtime and H.B.O. for the rights to show the MannyP.-Mosley fight.

Comment

i swear the sound of this guys voice makes my cringe

Comment

floyd is. and to a lesser degree floyd senior is.

Comment

Working...
                      X