Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn man, I dont know what to do......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Damn man, I dont know what to do......

I think my neighbor is in some financial trouble.... Me and him were the first two in our cul-de-sac, and have been cool ever since I moved in.... We have had his family over for dinner and birthday parties..... His kids always sell me crap from their school and me and him always talk whenever we see each other outside... Well I have noticed that for the last couple of months his car is home when I leave for work, and his car is home when I get home from work, and I dont think he has been working the entire time...

Well, I woke up this morning to the sound of chains banging on the ground. I look outside and see a tow truck trying to repo my neighbors car, and he only has 6 more months to pay on it... So I call him on his phone and by the time he answers it, he is outside with his wife talking to the guy.... Well they ended up not taking his car. My neighbor calls me back, and says it was just a big misunderstanding....

On top of that, a couple of months ago, his water was cut off, and he asked me to fill up a 5 gallon bucket of water for him....

Now I get home, and chill out, well I look outside and all the lights are off at his house, and I see they are using candles..... The lights at their home are out....

The dude has a wife and 2 kids and his wife is the only one working His kidsare so cool, and I feel so, so, so bad for them right now....

What I want to do is offer to pay his light bill (at least the minimum to get the lights back on) but I dont know how to go about it....

I dont want him to feel bad, or think that I feel like Im netter than he is... Also, getting your lights cut off is embarrassing, and dont want to make him feel uncomfortable about it....

Should I bring it up,or should I just stay in my own business and leave it alone? And how should I bring up paying his bill for him?

Last edited by _I Am_; 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM.

Can you pay it without him knowing? Poor family

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
      Can you pay it without him knowing? Poor family
      Naw bro, I cant.....

I just feel soooooo bad.....

I call his daughter my "Little Homie".... Im the first person his son comes to when they're selling stuff for school.......

And here is a question for you Trigger or any other black person on here....

He is a black guy, and has mentioned that he thinks the job he was working at were a bunch of racists.... So he has a bit of animosity, and I dont want him to have the feeling "I dont want no white guy paying my ****" or"I dont want no help from a white guy"......

What do I do?

Comment

That is sad man. One question though.....

Why is he home? I'd be delivering pizzas, haulin ***** to the scrap yard, throwin papers, doin side jobs, waiting in line at Action Labor, asking people at Home Depot if they need help with their project.....etc. etc. etc.... Whatever it took to put food on the table.

There is something for him to do. Maybe not what he wants or is trained to do, but something is out there. Sounds like he needs to get motivated and think outside the box..

Comment

I feel sad just reading that

Man, screw that, walk up to him and offer to help him out. Just take the approach man. Especially since that's what you want to do.

Comment

You could anonymously give him money if you don't feel comfortable doing it in person, like mailing him a cashiers check.

Comment

Originally posted by HTown's Beloved View Post
              Naw bro, I cant.....

I just feel soooooo bad.....

I call his daughter my "Little Homie".... Im the first person his son comes to when they're selling stuff for school.......

And here is a question for you Trigger or any other black person on here....

He is a black guy, and has mentioned that he thinks the job he was working at were a bunch of racists.... So he has a bit of animosity, and I dont want him to have the feeling "I dont want no white guy paying my ****" or"I dont want no help from a white guy"......

What do I do?
              Personally I would take help from anyone until I could get back on my feet. You should just straight up ask him if he needs assiatence.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                That is sad man. One question though.....

Why is he home? I'd be delivering pizzas, haulin ***** to the scrap yard, throwin papers, doin side jobs, waiting in line at Action Labor, asking people at Home Depot if they need help with their project.....etc. etc. etc.... Whatever it took to put food on the table.

There is something for him to do. Maybe not what he wants or is trained to do, but something is out there. Sounds like he needs to get motivated and think outside the box..
                I agree with this though. Especially if he lives in the Houston area (I'd assume that's where the OP lives) there are a bunch of jobs available there, not necessarily good ones but I know there are jobs.

But the OP knows his situation better than we do...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I feel sad just reading that

Man, screw that, walk up to him and offer to help him out. Just take the approach man.
                  Exactly what I would do.

But the best thing you can do for him is help him find a job if you know a few ppl who can make it happen.

You seem like a nice guy and if he sees you the same way as I think I do then he shouldn't have issues about you trying to help him out.

At least until he gets it together.

Comment

i am the same with u bro. i am cool friends with my neighbor and we do help each other out but not financially. the thing is it is really nice to help out but u gotta be cautious too. u don't want to look like the bad guy in the end when he asks for another help and u can't give what he wants. kinda like the domino effect. u help with the lights then later on u have to help him with the water, etc etc. not that the situation is gonna be like that but usually chances are high that it would be like that. offer him help but u gotta let them know too, that it is only a one time thing.

by the way is his wife hot? if she is then u can do that as a bargain if ever he tries to keep asking u for more help.

Comment

Working...
                    X