This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I don't even like the team I picked but I am pretty confident that team wouldn't get mauled. I have reservations on Henderson, Sterling, Chamberlain and Lallana being good enough.

But making forwards defend wide positions is always terrible. Sturridge was horrendous at it at Chelsea for example. Making Rooney drop too deep for me is also an error.

I think whatever team Roy picks there will be problems with it because our players aren't brilliant.

At the very least we should not put round pegs in square holes.

Adam's team wouldn't get the ball.
    Maybe but when we do have it we would have a chance of scoring. Your team would have 50% of possession all in the middle third.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      -----------------------------Hart---------------------------

Johnson-------------Jones----------------Cahill--------Shaw

--------------------Gerrard------------Wilshere--------------

Oxlade-Chamberlain-----------Barkley--------------------Sterling

----------------------------Sturridge--------------------------

Jones is a decent shout at centre half.

Baines is untouchable for me - he will probably be one of England's best attacking outlets.

Just can't picture Wilshere and Gerrard together. Gerrard would leave Wilshere hang out to dry all day long whilst he does his usual glory-hunting Roy of the Rovers bull****. At least Henderson is used to him and will happily pick up the slack and is quite a modest player really. Wilshere would be marginalised like a motherfucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        You'd go Shaw ahead of Baines? More energy and legs.
        I'd have gone with Ashley Cole but given the choice of those two, I'd pick Shaw.

Baines will be exposed as a bum at international level. Didn't he bottle the last World Cup because he was home sick or something? He's a good premiership level player in his comfort zone at Everton but he won't cut it at a World Cup.

I'm not even really as high on Shaw as everyone else seems to be but I'd rather go with the naivety of youth. And as you said, energy and legs.

Comment

Baines is untouchable for me - he will probably be one of England's best attacking outlets.

Just can't picture Wilshere and Gerrard together. Gerrard would leave Wilshere hang out to dry all day long whilst he does his usual glory-hunting Roy of the Rovers bull****. At least Henderson is used to him and will happily pick up the slack and is quite a modest player really. Wilshere would be marginalised like a motherfucker.
          Manc talk .

Comment

• Originally posted by Mersey View Post
            Manc talk .
            I'm a Londoner.

Gerrard's just a knob though - let's be honest.

Comment

I'm a Londoner.

Gerrard's just a knob though - let's be honest.
              Londoner talk

Comment

• I fear Dirk could be right about Baines. But I don't think Shaw can be put in at this stage either.

I would personally play Wilshere alongside Gerrard but a lack of balance would concern me. I would have no problems with Henderson but just hope Woy does not go for Lampard.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  I fear Dirk could be right about Baines. But I don't think Shaw can be put in at this stage either.

I would personally play Wilshere alongside Gerrard but a lack of balance would concern me. I would have no problems with Henderson but just hope Woy does not go for Lampard.
                  I think Lamps should have retired.

I can see a scenario where we score precisely zero goals and we turn to Lamps in the 70th minute of the second game because the bloke has actually scored some goals for England.

Comment

Gerrard doesn't really do that any more. Don't think he has the legs for it. The only thing I worry about with him is his mental state. I fear he is a broken man and that slip took his soul.

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                    I fear Dirk could be right about Baines. But I don't think Shaw can be put in at this stage either.

Shaw is young enough not to give a fuk, he'll just go out and play with freedom. Baines will absolutely **** himself at the sight of Pirlo and Balotelli.

Comment

• Malcolm Glazer has died.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...r-dies-3619226

Comment

Working...
                      X