No announcement yet.

Travis Tygart: executive director of the USADA speaks on Blood tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Tygart: executive director of the USADA speaks on Blood tests

Travis Tygart, executive director of the USADA, said he had talked to representatives of both fighters about providing testing. Tygart said he welcomed the request as he would for any sport that does not have stringent Olympic-type testing.

"I think every sport that wants to have clean athletes it's a sign of a step forward to have out of competition testing," Tygart said. "It's an essential thing to do if you want to protect the integrity of the sport. Clean athletes want a level playing field."

Tygart noted Olympic athletes are tested often and without notice. He said less than a teaspoon of blood is removed out of an average of 380 teaspoons in the normal human and that it regenerates within an hour of being withdrawn.

Blood tests, he said, can find things urine tests can't, like the use of human growth hormone, synthetic hemoglobin or blood transfusions, all of which "certainly would aid in an endurance-type event."

Ellerbe said he couldn't imagine why Pacquiao wouldn't agree, especially considering both fighters would likely make more than $25 million for the bout.
    "Only Manny Pacquiao can answer that question," Ellerbe said. "The ball is in his court."

"If it's good enough for LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong why isn't it good enough for Manny Pacquiao?" Ellerbe asked. "The fans and sports deserve a level playing field."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...lvHLwD9CON2HG0
    Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 12-23-2009, 03:20 AM.

this isnt the olympics and the same test can be done after the fight

failed again

Comment

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
      this isnt the olympics and the same test can be done after the fight

failed again
      so as a fan you dont want BOTH fighters to be tested before the fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
        where in my post did i say that?

the testing can be done after the fight.

and manny never objected to testing,

fail.

Comment

Fuuck, is this olympic or professional boxing? easy work, you fail time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
            If one fighter is not comfortable with it then go to plan B which will have same results and both fighters are happy. Simple both guys are 100% ready.

Comment

If floyd wants this kinda ****, stay away from this and go compete in the olympics. again.

Comment

Why *******s are tryhng to defend manny on this ****?

Comment

floyd says "easy work" but why wasnt marquez tested the same way

simple hes just scared of pacquiao, i cant think of any other reason

Comment

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
                    where in my post did i say that?

the testing can be done after the fight.

and manny never objected to testing,

fail.
                    If Manny literally killed or Gerald McKellan'd Mayweather then after the fight tested positive for Performance Enhancing Drugs, what then?

Mayweathers career is over, he is seriously injured all while it could have been prevented if Manny just did the right thing and got tested prior to the fight, HGH leaves the system within 72 hours and Doping at times with 24- 48 hours, it would be no traces or evidence of cheating in some cases after a fight where someone literally dropped about 5-10 pds during the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X