Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Wladimir Klitschko's 2008 win over Tony Thompson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rate Wladimir Klitschko's 2008 win over Tony Thompson?

How good was Wladimir Klitschko's 2008 win over Tony Thompson?

I remember saying at the time it was a very good and underrated win, because Thompson is very strong and durable, and has a tricky southpaw style.
    a great win
    10.34%
    a very good meaningful win
    41.38%
    a fairly decent win
    36.21%
    a meaningless win
    12.07%

The poll is expired.

TT in his prime (2008) was a ver very good underated fighter. He would beat anyone not called Klitschko in today's HW. Haye would be 50:50 IMO.

Comment

Everytime Tony Thompson goes out there and wins it just enhances Wlad's legacy even more... soon those who scream "weak era" won't have much to cry about.

Comment

TS had Price winning today's fight going away for the record.

Now he wants to prop Thompson up to make Klitschko look better.

Talk about switching up your agenda without missing a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Price was a considerable fav. to win the rematch...

Comment

Somewhat between a fairly decent win & a very good meaningful win

Voted 'a very good meaningful win' on the fact that win was when Thompson was a lot fresher.

I don't feel hes a great fighter by any stretch but hes a solid, underrated, big cagey southpaw who could push anybody not named Wladimir.

Comment

Fairly decent win imo. Thompson is not special but he's a decent heavyweight.

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Well it's not hard to see your agenda, you're more bitter than Frank Warren when it comes to British and European fighters.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 07-08-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

For me it shows the difference between a good man and a great big man. Price in hindsight was probably moved up a little too quick. It does look a better win now for Wladimir. For the record I thought Price fought a horrible fight, he doesn't know how to use his size at all. He would never be as good as Wladimir but he can become a world champion if he learns to use his size. Strangely though Price's one punch KO power gives him a chance against anyone.

Comment

I called it fairly decent. The thing is that Wlad is just so much better than TT is and that's saying something because Thompson's very good, but he's a full level behind Wlad and I don't think that what he's done since then has changed that. Although I am a fan of Thompson's and I LOVE that he's still beating guys who ppl think are going to kill him. He's been doing it for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                    I called it fairly decent. The thing is that Wlad is just so much better than TT is and that's saying something because Thompson's very good, but he's a full level behind Wlad and I don't think that what he's done since then has changed that. Although I am a fan of Thompson's and I LOVE that he's still beating guys who ppl think are going to kill him. He's been doing it for a long time now.
                    Do you think Thompson is the US's No.1 HW? The general impression is that the US fans don't seem to like him and they rarely talk about him as being their best. He was even talking about getting a UK promoter and fighting over here.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X