No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints and Soldiers

A War Movie taking place in World War 2 where 5 Soldiers escape being held prisoner by the Germans behind enemy lines. The 5 men fight to stay alive through encounters with German Forces and horrid weather conditions in order to get to the nearest allied command post to pass on vital information that could turn the tide of the war.

I will say this is a must see film even for a very low budget (around 1.5 million dollars) there were no actors that I recognized but the character development was tremendous as well as some of the action scenes. The story was very well written and played out as well as being very heart felt as it goes on. The worst part of the movie were only the sounds of the gun fire and explosions which you could tell were low budget and somewhat unrealistic but everything else was great a must see war movie.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• Saw a couple of movies these weekend

Captain America 1st Avenger- Well, this one sucked IMHO. PG-13...c'mon son. Thor was better than this, I bring it up because these characters are connected and The Avengers next year has these same leading guys in it. The aircrafts and cars are cool, but that's about it. If I was under 18, I would enjoy it but this just didn't do it for me. 5/10 eh

Rise of the Apes- Enjoyable popcorn flick. It takes a while to get to total mayhem but the movie carries the audience along with suspense until the breaking point when the leader won't take any more ****. Great family movie 8/10
      Last edited by D.I.E.S.E.L; 08-07-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• House of Sand and Fog - 9.5
        An American Crime - 9
        Panic Room -8.5
        High Crimes-8
        Murder by Numbers- 8
        Rescue Dawn- 9
        Mystic River- 8.5
        Double Jeopardy- 8.5
        The Jacket-8
        Red Eye-6.5
        Stir of Echoes -8
        The Lovely Bones-8
        Winter's Bone -8.5
        My Sister's Keeper - 10
        The Boy in The Stripped Pajamas - 8.5

Comment

• Fireproof- 9.5

Comment

• Saved Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise on the DVR last week, I remember when it came out everybody I know said it sucked so I never bothered to watch it, well I just got done watching it and I think it was really good, sucks I didn't see it earlier !

Comment

• Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
              Saved Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise on the DVR last week, I remember when it came out everybody I know said it sucked so I never bothered to watch it, well I just got done watching it and I think it was really good, sucks I didn't see it earlier !
              My favorite part of that movie is the bed scenes with Penelope Cruz. **** are amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
                My favorite part of that movie is the bed scenes with Penelope Cruz. **** are amazing!

You're not kidding !

Comment

• Senna.
                  Excellent docu-film about the Brazilian formula 1 champion. I have no interest in formula 1, but this doc was great.

Les Maitres du Temps (1982)
                  Looks really *****. But if u like intelligent sci-fi, this French animated film is actually great. Great ideas. Could of been an amazing live action film.

Comment

• Horrible Bosses...very funny...go watch

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Portuguese View Post
                      House of Sand and Fog - 9.5
                      An American Crime - 9
                      Panic Room -8.5
                      High Crimes-8
                      Murder by Numbers- 8
                      Rescue Dawn- 9
                      Mystic River- 8.5
                      Double Jeopardy- 8.5