Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bare Knuckles boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody actually find a video of the fight??

I have not been able to find a thing

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Imagine if someone with true power like Randell Bailey for instance competed in one of these events,then you would probably see someone die in the ring,the gloves are there for a reason,this barbaric bullsht has no place in boxing,that tribe should be ashamed of themselves.
      gloves are there to protect the fighters hands
      they dont protect the fighters head

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        If that were the case it would be legal,there is a reason they banned it in 1890 its barbaric and just plain stupid.
        Many laws have been enacted in response to misconceptions and public opinion. I'm sure that there are many on this site that would lustily argue for the legalization of marijuana. It was once legal, and even fashionable, to grow and smoke pot. Is something wrong, just because the government says so? Do the powers-that-be always have your best interests at heart? Sometimes, yes. But it's a sad fact of life that it often isn't the case....

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          Of course, that's why some studies have showed that there's less brain damage in MMA fighters, because the fight stops sooner. However, a punch to the face by a very strong puncher without using gloves could kill a person with a single blow. With gloves, that possibility is smaller because the gloves absorb a certain amount of the impact.
          Let's assume for a moment that one punch from a powerful enough fighter can kill a man of similar size. What would repeated blows from this same fighter do, even though he's wearing gloves?

I would hate to see anyone seriously hurt in a fight. I'm one of those guys that prefers to see a fight stopped too early than too late. However, your argument doesn't convince me.

Comment

bare knuckle boxing is the ****......

talk about having to use your real assets inside the squared circle. conditioning the weapons and your body to be tough more so than being in shape to go rounds, is awesome and something people can't wrap their heads around....

I love Boxing, and I hate to use buts, BUT, bare knuckle boxing is really where the sweet science is.....

having to know the anatomy of the body, bone structure, and how to exploit those things in your opponent and avoid getting injured yourself, is ****ing amazingly tough......

with gloves guys and the removal of a bunch of punches and new rules, guys could fight like brutes and have a chance with gloves and hand wraps, verses, being calculated and knowing how and where to attack vulnerable parts of the body to facilitate a win by causing damage.

with gloves and new rules boxers count punches, in bare knuckle boxing you make your punches count........

i am all the way down for bare knuckle boxing, so much so, it's one of the fight systems that i study and train in because of it's real life application and practicality it is a great form of self defense in a real life situation.... bare knuckle boxing isnt just boxing in that old stance, it's fencing with fists, its truly a test of skills and patients, and most importantly TOUGHNESS.....

boxing is WAY limited compared to all the facets of depth that bare knuckle boxing had........... if you think otherwise, read up on your ****......... the history is ****ING AMAZING!!!

Comment

bareknuckle boxing is for REAL men who like using big pillows to block punches

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Boxing gloves and hand-wraps are meant to protect the fighters' hands, so that more blows can be delivered. It extends the fight and, therefore, the entertainment for the crowd. It also extends the damage done to the fighters' brains.

Power-punching fighters would have to be very careful about unloading a haymaker on their opponents. They could easily break their hands. Remember when Mike Tyson had that encounter with Mitch Green on a Harlem street? Tyson busted his hand on Green's face. Mitch sported a massive black eye after that run-in But he certainly didn't die from a bare-fisted blow delivered by one of the greatest one-punch KO artists in history.

I agree with Prescott: a bare-knuckle fight would cause greater visible, cosmetic damage, but the fighters would take less blows to the head. Less blows to the head equals less brain damage. The real reason why bare-knuckle fighting is illegal is because it's bloodier than regular boxing. The visible damage appears too cruel. It just turns people off.
                You are exactly right. I was still in Ireland when the British Medical Association tried to have boxing banned, and much information emerged. And I have spoken with at least 10 or more doctors about it and they mostly had the same opinion. Only 2 (one my cousin -a ring doctor- the other a boxing Club teammate) were in favour of boxing. The medical consensus was that boxing should be banned completely.

But, the consensus opinion ALSO was, that bare knuckle boxing was more humane and easier on the participants than Gloved Boxing, since, because of swelling around the eyes, bare knuckle bouts would be stopped sooner, whereas with gloves, which were used to protect the knuckles, the fighters were subjected to far more punishment, particlularly repeated jolting blows which damaged the brain. Every punch to the head damages the brain in some minute way.

Another interesting point came out which was that pre-Marquis of Quensberry rules, a round ended when a fighter dropped, and there was a 30 second rest period. So instead of having only 10 seconds to make a usually poor recovery, he would have a whole 30 seconds which would restore him completely. So there were fights which would last for hours and many tens of rounds, during which there would be less fighting in total than a normal 10 rounder of today.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                  Of course, that's why some studies have showed that there's less brain damage in MMA fighters, because the fight stops sooner. However, a punch to the face by a very strong puncher without using gloves could kill a person with a single blow. With gloves, that possibility is smaller because the gloves absorb a certain amount of the impact.
                  the force from a punch with a boxing glove is the same as that from an mma glove.

Comment

Working...
                  X