Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone want to discuss Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
    JMM is too old for a beast like Valero, he would get a couple of counters in but he wouldn't be able to deal with Valero's speed and power. I love JMM don't get me wrong but Valero proved Saturday that he's a killer. Diaz had a field day with JMM and he's not a powerful puncher, we have seen the best days from JMM it's all downhill from now on bud.
    I agree, at this point in his career I think JMM loses to both Valero and Khan and against Valero I think JMM gets KO'd.

Comment

valero impressed me last night we all knew he was a very good brawler but he boxed brillantly aswell showing good foot movement and head movement.as for tony i taught he was ready for this but he clearly wasnt which is no shame he just only turned 24 which is very young he showed a very good chin aswell but i think it was the speed more then power which was getting to him.also that stupid wbc scoring system cant have helped it makes no sense to announce the judges scorecards to the crowd

Comment

fighters that would face valero in the future would think of lasting the distance with valero and not get knocked out. It is similar to Tyson when during his early years, he was knocking out fighters left and right. Until the fight with Tillis where Tyson's KO perfect record was stopped and settled for a decision victory. then another UD versus Green. But he continued with his KO for the next 3 years until he got KOd by Douglas.

As Valero's aura grows, fighters would be wary of his punching power. Thus, they wouldnt take as many chances. The first one to lose to Valero by decision could be used by future fighters in devising a strategy to fight Valero. Until then, Valero's star will continue to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
          fighters that would face valero in the future would think of lasting the distance with valero and not get knocked out. It is similar to Tyson when during his early years, he was knocking out fighters left and right. Until the fight with Tillis where Tyson's KO perfect record was stopped and settled for a decision victory. then another UD versus Green. But he continued with his KO for the next 3 years until he got KOd by Douglas.

As Valero's aura grows, fighters would be wary of his punching power. Thus, they wouldnt take as many chances. The first one to lose to Valero by decision could be used by future fighters in devising a strategy to fight Valero. Until then, Valero's star will continue to rise.
          The kid has talent that undeniable but to compare him to Tyson and say he would spark Jmm is going overboard lets see what he does in his next few fights that will be a better indacater to the level he is actually at,and for his sake he should fight at 135 for a few more years he would get crushed at 140 by at least 5 guys i can think of off the top of the head.

Comment

Working...
          X