Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy and Richard Schaefer in the hole 70 million for this fight right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy and Richard Schaefer in the hole 70 million for this fight right now

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...141721498.html

Yeah that's crazy. Makes me think promotors don't really make a profits.

Comment

He's used to taking calls from celebrities looking for comps, but for this fight, he's had to say no to a slew of A-listers. Magic Johnson dug into his own pocket to buy tickets, and Kobe Bryant was unable to purchase the prime seats he wanted, but Schaefer is not without fears.

Celebrities are so desperate for tickets, they're offering to buy. Johnson, the Dodgers' owner, Basketball Hall of Famer and mega-A-list celebrity, had to purchase his tickets.

Bryant was unable to get the seats he wanted, Schaefer said.

"Kobe Bryant was supposed to come, but he wanted center floor seats, and I didn't have center floor seats when the promotion started," Schaefer said, shaking his head. "The celebrity ticket demands are unheard of."

damn this fight is big

Comment

It irks me to know that celebrities get ringside seats for little to no price.
        They want to watch a live fight, have them dig into their pockets. Jeez...

Comment

It takes money to make money~

Comment

Maybe it's just the way it's written but I found this a little sick-inducing...

The fight will be lucrative enough for Mayweather that he can afford to give away a few of the $200,000 diamond-encrusted bags he's suddenly become so fond of, and that right now he only buys after he's won a sports bet.

"I've had to discipline myself," Mayweather said of the bags, and it was hard not to sympathize with a guy who buys handbags that cost more than some people's homes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              Why are y'all hating on the way people spend their own money?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I

Quote:

The fight will be lucrative enough for Mayweather that he can afford to give away a few of the $200,000 diamond-encrusted bags he's suddenly become so fond of, and that right now he only buys after he's won a sports bet.

"I've had to discipline myself," Mayweather said of the bags, and it was hard not to sympathize with a guy who buys handbags that cost more than some people's homes.
                he earned it.

are u the type of ngga to tell rich people build drinking fountains in africa instead of buying cars?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

A thread was made on this last night. The greater bulk of mayweather guarantee, 32 mil at the least, is not GBP/shaefers responsibility, but Showtime's. Or what, did we already forget about that mega contract that Floyd signed with showtime (not GBP)?

I'd be also willing to bet that showtime put up a substantial amount of money for canelos purse, as well as put up money for Garcia/matthysse's purse.

Either its a terribly misinformed article (which yahoo sports I'd notorious for), or GBP/Shaefer are trying to act like fatter cats than they are. Not saying he isn't on the hook for a pretty penny, but let's be real.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    Mayweather a fag on all access 4 he was looking a purses he wanted to buy and shit lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X