No announcement yet.

Groves vs DeGale II... Winner gets a crack at Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groves vs DeGale II... Winner gets a crack at Froch

The way Groves is looking lately, I think he would stop DeGale in a rematch and does look like he's knocking on the door of world-class. DeGale is also stupidly making noises about fighting the Froch's and Ward's of this world too now, even tho he's now fighting nobodies in front of 500 people who don't know who he is in Canada...

So I was thinking, Hearn should dangle the carrot of a fight with Froch and make Groves Vs DeGale II at the O2 again. I think it would be a massive seller and another big night of domestic fights.

I went to the first one and would definitely buy a ticket for this... Mainly in the hope of seeing DeGale get sparked out.

DeGale is talking about wanting Ward and Froch but it feels hollow, like he doesn't really want them. There's a bit of the Andre Dirrells about DeGale.

I don't think these two fighting each other proves much in terms of getting Froch, they should have to beat someone like Stieglitz imo.

Comment

I'm a Groves fan but it's obvious he needs to step it up a bit, Noe was supposed to be a top ten contender but god knows what for!

Comment

DeGale made a stinker moving over to Hennessy. Haven't seen a single one of his fights since then.

I'd be fine with a rematch and the winner gets Froch. They are both ranked in the top 10 by most bodies, so don't see a problem with that.

But would rather just have groves fight Stieglitz, then the winner of that fight gets Froch in a big unification fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          DeGale is talking about wanting Ward and Froch but it feels hollow, like he doesn't really want them. There's a bit of the Andre Dirrells about DeGale.

I don't think these two fighting each other proves much in terms of getting Froch, they should have to beat someone like Stieglitz imo.
          Yeah I do agree with what you've said there really.. I just want to see Groves KO DeGale and end what little hype he has left. I also think Hearn could put on a massive show full of "up & comers" with his stable now.

Saying that I wouldn't complain at a Groves Vs Steiglitz fight at all.

Comment

There could be a way to make the biggest fight ever in England with a mixture of these guys (albeit in a fantasy world)

De Gale vs winner of Bika / Periban - WBC Title
            Groves vs Stieglitz - WBO Title

De Gale vs Groves - WBO / WBC

Winner vs Froch

... If only!

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
              There could be a way to make the biggest fight ever in England with a mixture of these guys (albeit in a fantasy world)

De Gale vs winner of Bika / Periban - WBC Title
              Groves vs Stieglitz - WBO Title

De Gale vs Groves - WBO / WBC

Winner vs Froch

... If only!
              Now we're talking!! The Groves part of that is probably a stong possibility too... Shame I can't see Fat Mick delivering Degale that Bika-Periban winner, and not even sure DeGale would beat either anyway.

But yeah, Groves-DeGale II in a world title unification would be MASSIVE in Lodnon.

Comment

DeGale's career is in a bad way, as was expected the moment he signed up with Hennessy.

He's in meaningless fights, is regressing as a fighter, is becoming very much unknown and it's showing no sign of improving.

Be ir Carl Froch, Darren Barker, Murray...his better fighters tend to jump ship because he can't get them big fights or any kind of support.

I thought Groves-DeGale was a 50/50, I had it a draw or maybe even for DeGale, but he's got worse while Groves has kept improving.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  I thought Groves-DeGale was a 50/50, I had it a draw or maybe even for DeGale, but he's got worse while Groves has kept improving.
                  Yeah true.. I reckon Eubank Jr will be the next to look to jump over to Matchroom.

Everything you said about DeGale is sad but true too. Probs only went with Hennessey coz he was the only one who massaged his ego and told him what he wanted to hear...

Comment

Other than his last fight degale has been fighting tougher opponents recently than Groves. Just putting it out there...

Not sure how a rematch goes tbh but i agree with weebler that a fight against a proven guy like stieglitz is in order for both. Even Abraham despite losing would be a good benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                    X