Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran vs.Floyd Mayweather jr. (picture)@ 154lbs. who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Yeah, agreed.

Hearns is just the worst possible match up for Mayweather.

If it was Hearns in there against Mayweather instead of Mosley it would have been a short night.
    That punch Shane landed was literally a bolt from the blue. It stands out in my mind pretty clearly. It was so unexpected; the crowd immediately got to their feet, as my friends and I did back home. But it was over in an instant. Just like that, Mosley's upset chances evaporated. I'll forever give Floyd credit for reacting instantaneously and taking back control of the fight. I'm sure a lot of people don't comprehend what it took to do that. In sports, especially the fighting sports, defeat can happen in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      What do you think would've happened to Floyd had that second-round blow been landed by the "prime version" of Tommy Hearns? Perhaps on another night Mayweather wouldn't have been caught by such a flush shot.
      LOL nice strawman. We are talking Duran v Mayweather. When did I ever say that Mayweather would beat Hearns?

Mayweather took 2 of shanes best shots and end result, lost 1 round but you are trying to make it the end of the world. He was not even near being stopped because he wasnt even dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
        LOL nice strawman. We are talking Duran v Mayweather. When did I ever say that Mayweather would beat Hearns?
        I'm not saying you ever did. You missed my point.

Originally posted by elfag View Post
        Mayweather took 2 of shanes best shots and end result, lost 1 round but you are trying to make it the end of the world. He was not even near being stopped because he wasnt even dropped.
        Making it the end of the world? lol Shane was handled that night. I never implied anything to the contrary. In fact, I praised Mayweather's reaction to the blow. It just so happened that, in the course of making my point, I stopped to observe that Hearns would've probably KOed Floyd with the same shot. Disagree?

Comment

Floyd senior shows a lot of love to Duran. There's a reason why, he is an atg. Floyd is good, but Duran is equal if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            you obviously haven't seen the fight. Look at it and see leonard taking a bad beating in rds 2,3,4 and all of 5 except the last 30 seconds. Mayweather couldn't live for more than a few rounds against this firestorm. In fact this fight reminds me of just how good leonard really was. I already knew all about duran. He should have taken this fight by at least 3 4 rds. It was his fight all the way. Maybe the judges were influenced by leonard's montreal popularity.
            hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Comment

This fight will not happen!!!
              But I see Roberto Duran chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. down the street with a pen and clipboard asking him to sign the damned contract because Floyd would have done his best to DUCK him!

Comment

mayweather might actually win at 154. duran was pretty inconsistent and lazy at 154, and also lost some of his footspeed. He was more controlled in his aggression, which might play into floyd's hands, as opposed to the duran who fought buchanan, dejesus (2nd fight), and leonard (1st fight).

The best Floyd at 135-147 does not beat the best Duran at 135-147.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome-O View Post
                  mayweather might actually win at 154. duran was pretty inconsistent and lazy at 154, and also lost some of his footspeed. He was more controlled in his aggression, which might play into floyd's hands, as opposed to the duran who fought buchanan, dejesus (2nd fight), and leonard (1st fight).

The best Floyd at 135-147 does not beat the best Duran at 135-147.
                  Mayweather is not a 154 fighter.... His best days had been at 130 and 135.

Comment

Working...
                  X