Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would prime JMM beat Manny's last five opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any fighter juiced up can do the impossible... so, yes!!! Marquez would own all of them and move all the way to Heavyweight and beat Arreola. I wished JMM would've juiced up like Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chorizo View Post
      Any fighter juiced up can do the impossible... so, yes!!! Marquez would own all of them and move all the way to Heavyweight and beat Arreola. I wished JMM would've juiced up like Manny.
      But he did.

Comment

Marquez is too small.

Comment

I like Marquez and think he couold have beaten Hatton, but Margarito,Cotto, and Clottey would have been to big and too strong for him. I feel Oscar beats him as well.

Comment

Bumping my own thread shamelessly. The topic is more salient than it was a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckerbird View Post
              Oscar- Against the drained and faded Oscar that Manny beat at 147, I actually think Marquez outboxes him to a unanimous decision.

Hatton- I like Ricky, I really do, but the man was so overrated. If Marquez, instead of Manny fought him in May of 2009 at 140, he wouldn't have been knocked out, but Marquez would've made Ricky look like an amateur.

Cotto- The Cotto fight would've been mismatch in my opinion. It's also the fight that separated Manny from Marquez. Marquez is the best counter puncher not named Floyd Mayweather Jr, but he would've been knocked out by Cotto if they fought at 145.

Clottey- would be too big and strong at 147 and likely would've KO'd JMM.

Margarito- Marquez and Margarito are both Mexican, but stylistically they could not be any more different from each other. Marquez has skills, Margarito has relentlessness. That being said, I think the Margarito who fought Pacquiao would've beaten Marquez down and knocked him out.
              At the same weights as Pac fought them, Marquez gets slaughtered. The only one he might beat is Oscar, because Oscar was stick figure, but even that's highly unlikely.

Comment

No way............Well, maybe Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  At the same weights as Pac fought them, Marquez gets slaughtered. The only one he might beat is Oscar, because Oscar was stick figure, but even that's highly unlikely.
                  Even Hatton at 140? After seeing Marquez knock out Diaz and Katsidis, I'm not sure he does any worse against Ricky and his disdain for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckerbird View Post
                    Even Hatton at 140? After seeing Marquez knock out Diaz and Katsidis, I'm not sure he does any worse against Ricky and his disdain for defense.
                    Marquez basically weighed 140 against Floyd, and Hatton beats that guy. Marquez doesn't have the speed and power Pacquiao had against Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      all 5 of those hit a whole lot harder than Juan f'n Diaz...JMM would die
                      You would have to compensate JMM being a true LW and then even it up by CWing those 5 just a few pounds more than what Manny did ,,,,, Then things might be very different , you guys always blow the CW off , it makes and has made a lot of difference to Mannys fights , maybe thats why Roach is strong in his NO CW NO FIGHT policy ,,,, you really think he does it for fun lol

Comment

Working...
                      X