Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Finally Dawned On Me Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true. Fans will be fans and support whom they like to follow. It all comes down to the athletes themselves and how they would like to be remembered. Eventually, we will all pass away and the family we all left behind should carry the legacy and be a proud recipients of that honor.

Comment

My point was to elaborate the everyone has biases. Some are nobel (admiration for skills, physical attributions, personality, ethics etc.) others are despicable (nationality, race,) however, most to succumb to the dark side, some more than than others however no logic espoused will alter that. And I am done arguing, and m ready to accept those who admire the fighters for the right reasons and will do my best to ignore (without ignore) the views of ignorant and hypocritical.

Comment

Yeah I feel the same. I used to like Floyd until he did a booboo.

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
          So true. Fans will be fans and support whom they like to follow. It all comes down to the athletes themselves and how they would like to be remembered. Eventually, we will all pass away and the family we all left behind should carry the legacy and be a proud recipients of that honor.
          It upsets me though. I grew a white child and my first exposure what Holy/Bowe one and two. I idolized Holy, his guts his lack of size, his incedible chinand balls to win. I would have followed and rooted and idolized Evander because he was the best of sport regardless of color.

Nowadays, with Internet and the vitriole spewed, I would have rooted for Kliscko over any black fighter because there is so much hate for a white champion (Wlad, Pavlik, Froch etc.) even thought I dont much ccare for the, becuase of the racial sterotypes perpetuated on this board because of the racial hatred on this board.

Truthfully, this baord ha compromised my morals. And I need to step back and evaluate that.

Comment

When Ward brutalized Kessler; When Marciano crushed Walcott, Charles and Moore; Holmes over Cooney, Pirog over Jacobs; Pavlik over Taylor; Taylor over Hopkins; Hopkins over Pavlik...these were victories for THESE MEn, not for racial superiorty, or pride, or you or I. And that gets lost here. And its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
              When Ward brutalized Kessler; When Marciano crushed Walcott, Charles and Moore; Holmes over Cooney, Pirog over Jacobs; Pavlik over Taylor; Taylor over Hopkins; Hopkins over Pavlik...these were victories for THESE MEN, not for racial superiorty, or pride, or you or I. And that gets lost here. And its a shame.
              Man, you got the fever.

Time to start a PhD based on boxing, race and the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                Man, you got the fever.

Time to start a PhD based on boxing, race and the internet!
                It's obviously the biggest issue on the form today.

Comment

Mayweather should build an orphanage in Manila. I'm gonna say it again.

He can afford it. He has the power.

It would make up for all the crap the media is gonna put us through worldwide about this to think something good came of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                    Mayweather should build an orphanage in Manila. I'm gonna say it again.

He can afford it. He has the power.

It would make up for all the crap the media is gonna put us through worldwide about this to think something good came of it.
                    you are sadly mistaking if you think floyd is going to be hurt by this nonesense which isnt even racist

no point in him doing all that, he was talking ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X