No announcement yet.

whos style do you prefer, Genady Golovkins Or sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos style do you prefer, Genady Golovkins Or sergey Kovalev

Both are Russian, both has non european trainers, both hit hard. Both of their english is ****e.

Bit whos style do you prefer, who puts there work togather better?

Its a tough one as GGG probably has a better chin. But imo i prefer watching Kovalevs work. He has nice feints, and i like how he moves back and fourth. Whereas GGG is an amazing stalker, where he cuts off the ring incredibly, but imo doesnt put the combos and feints kovalev does.

But who do you guys prefer style wise.
    ggg
    67.57%
    kovalev
    32.43%

GGG is like a patient Lion and is all about the hunt. Kovalev is like a shark pouncing on anything that steps into his waters.

Kovalev is vicious with his assault but I'm all about the hunt! Nothing like watching GGG hunt down and eventually gun down his prey!

Comment

I prefer watching Kovalev, he has faster footwork and maybe just faster generally.

Golovkin is more methodical and less vulnerable, probably the better fighter.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 08-03-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

i think golovkin is pound-for-pound the superior boxer, but i am a slightly bigger fan of kovalev. i like his showmanship and his don't-give-a-**** attitude.

Comment

GGG has the better skills and is the all round superior fighter by a good margin. Kovalev has more power but is also more vulnerable.

Comment

Prefer Kovalev's use of angles & combination punching and his taunts certainly seal it for me.

His hip thrusting and gestures to the Welsh crowd made me laugh my head off.

Comment

They are both top exponents of the same boxing school. They share the same style and they display similar power.
              There's a difference: Golovkin is more experienced and shows more patience into the ring.
              My chief interest is to watch them stylistically clashing with top representatives of the boxing schools in the Americas.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
                GGG is like a patient Lion and is all about the hunt. Kovalev is like a shark pouncing on anything that steps into his waters.

Kovalev is vicious with his assault but I'm all about the hunt! Nothing like watching GGG hunt down and eventually gun down his prey!
                nice analogy mate

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post

Lion and shark. Nice analogies.

I like them both. Great styles, underrated boxing ability and of course the power. Both are good characters outside the ring as well.

Comment

I like Golovkin's style much more

Comment

Working...
                    X