No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Next Step, Khan Rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Next Step, Khan Rumors

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has denied the viral rumor that a deal is close to being finalized for Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) to defend his WBC welterweight title against Amir Khan (28-3, 19KOs) on May 3rd. Rumors began to intensify when Golden Boy’s official twitter page posted a photo that showed Khan, along with Schaefer, posing with a large cardboard display of Mayweather.

Schaefer said the photo was nothing more than a small joke on some of media members who reported nearly two weeks ago that a Mayweather-Khan fight was finalized. [Click Here To Read More]

One thing for sure, Amir's wife is certainly lovely.....

Comment

Just as I thought, serious discussions will start at the end of December

Comment

I think a fight between Floyd and Amir would be a lot more intriguing were it not for Amir Khan's losses to Peterson and Garcia. Still, I think that it would be a good match given Amir Khans speed and over all skill set. In my opinion maybe if Khan boxed from mid range and gave Floyd some angles perhaps he could get something going. It's always too difficult to predict any type of game plan that could work against Floyd Mayweather, after all he is on top for a reason.

Comment

I'd be completely, one hundred percent shocked if Khan landed a Mayweather fight without beating someone important first.

Comment

I thought the picture with the poster was setting up Daniel ponce de Leon vs khan! Khan can't beat 135lb ers convincingly, so why not move up a 130 lb fighter!

Comment

I think this is the fight we see in May..... I think khan takes a soft touch in between maybe in the UK then signs on for the mayweather sweepstakes. Financially this fight makes the most sense. Floyd would make 50mill up front in the O2 arena. This would give golden boy time to build Danny Garcia up for the September fight.

Comment

I hope this is a joke...lol. This is one pay per view I wouldn't purchase at all or go to a sports bar to watch.

Comment

You know speed kills! Khan than died like 3 times already.

Comment

Jr will have Khan UNDEFEATED !!!!! HURRAY !!!!!!

IF Ruslan wins fight him and make it fun

Not the dude that gets KO'd when the wind whistles by

Comment

Working...
                    X