Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Adrien, We Have A ‘Problem’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing broners dad he might want to lay off the junk food. Genetics tells us if he doesn't he will be fighting in the Klitschko weight division

Comment

While I don't really like his act or antics I understand that this is a business and that stuff makes people have an opinion of him, good or bad, and that's important. He can do that stuff all he wants, but when he starts making a mockery of the sport by missing weight badly that's when I have a problem. Rios may have missed weight twice, but you could just look at him and tell he did everything he could to try to make it and just was too big. Broner could have made that weight if he really wanted to. He didn't look overly drained at the weigh in. He didn't look like a guy who had been struggling to try to make weight. He looked like a guy who just decided he didn't want to make it. He may want to try to be the next Mayweather, but for all Mayweather's faults I have never once questioned his dedication to training and his work ethic. I have serious questions about Broner in those areas.

Comment

This clown needs to be suspended for intentionally failing to make weight then taking it as a joke by admitting to everyone that "at the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as I get the W." At least Rios made attempts at dropping weight but this fraud mocked the commission, the T.V. networks and worst of all the fans. He redicule the every elite athlete in the sport!

Comment

Saying this young man is going to kill boxing is straight up stupid ..the kid is 22...a kid!!! He's talented nd brings excitement to boxing, I'm sure he'll learn from what he did and understand its bad business...you guys are some ignorant people, this kid hasn't insulted anyone or anybody yet some of the **** you guys say is pathetic, I dunno if your going for cringe humor, cause your delivery isn't good,,.hes a good, let him have fun...he's entertaining and that's that...ruining boxing..really? Lol you guys want everyone to be humble and quiet...anytime there is someone outspoken you guys jump on him...clowns

Comment

This is a serious sports in which athletes put their lives at risk and having a bigger big beating up a smaller Guy, knowing his got an advantage over his opponent by purposely coming in heavier is not to be taken lightly. If he knew he had outgrown the weight class, he shouldn't have taken this fight. The rules should be implemented to full effect. Suspended this clown.

Comment

i think doug fischer said it best:

"Broner is smart.

He knows he’s an ultra-talented boxer, he knows he has a polarizing personality that attracts attention, he knows his manager is one of the most influential insiders on the U.S. scene, he knows Golden Boy Promotions thinks he can be a star and he knows that HBO wants to be in the Broner business. Add it all up and we’re talking about a 22-year-old man-child who knows what his value is to the power brokers in the U.S. boxing market.

Knowing all of this makes Broner a powerful figure himself. He knows he can get away with things that most boxers cannot.

As long as Broner continues to win impressively and he’s got his powerful backers/enablers, he will believe he has the right to bend or break the rules whenever he feels like it."

he shares the same team as floyd. if it aint broke, dont fix it. they found the magic recipe for selling PPVs and they will exploit it until fans reject it.

i like broner, but his complete disregard for the scales is a bad look for him. either way, GBP & haymon found their floyd replacement, so this wont be the only controversy this kid will be a part of.

just wondering when a blue-collar mexican will have a chance to grind the kid down and test him 4real.... AGAIN (a la ponce).

Comment

Good stuff Mr. Greisman.

Another comparison to Mayweather is the unsportsmanlike weightmaking. Broner essentially did what Floyd did to Márquez: deliberately coming in over the limit to give himself a better hand. So dishonest. So unsportsmanlike. Disgusting.

And somebody at HBO should tell Roy Jones exactly who works for who.

Comment

SMART......Eating Twinkies Etc???...But he's just your Average 22 yr old CHUMP!!!
                  Let's see him against Marquez, Who faced a Similar FRAUD, coming of a long ROID Binge,
                  that's BOY's Penchant for cheating, Carried an additional 2 lbs's over the agreed WEIGHT LIMIT, in the Marquez Bout!!!
                  We seem to have another CHEATER, in the Game.....
                  Last edited by jbpanama; 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

escobedo should've cried recollecting how he was promoted to get this fight : getting wins against nobodies from smaller weight classes in his hometown . what goes around - comes around .

Comment

Originally posted by Lac'em up
                      Another annoying ass jungle bunny with nO class. Why can't they just act humble? Why?
                      Why can't you admit that you're a coward Mexican trying to act like the Indian blood in you makes you a warrior. Ugly, fat **** lol... Make sure you put your name on your own car so that later when you go car *******, you don't steal your own car Julio.

Comment

Working...
                      X