No announcement yet.

The Angulo/Rivera fight shoulda been stopped earlier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angulo/Rivera fight shoulda been stopped earlier

Maybe about 2 rounds earlier. He was getting ****ing killed. I mean I love to watch a guy get destroyed but not excessively over two more rounds. The ref is an idiot. It looked really bad.

im watching the early replay right now and i fully agree

those are the fights that cause ring casualties...the ref was walkin a real fine line with his hesitation to stop that mismatch

rivera was game but that cut just made angulo unload

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      im watching the early replay right now and i fully agree

those are the fights that cause ring casualties...the ref was walkin a real fine line with his hesitation to stop that mismatch

rivera was game but that cut just made angulo unload
      Yeah I'm just watching as well. I didn't get the chance to watch it last night. But man Angulo was teeing off.

Comment

yeah i was pretty pissed at his corner and the ref. someone should've saved the guy. If you watch again towards the end you can see Michael Buffer get up with a disturbed look on his face, staring at his corner waiting for them to throw in the towel.

Comment

I agree, the referee waited way too long to stop the fight and he wasn't going to stop it either had the commission member not jumped onto the apron.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
            Maybe about 2 rounds earlier. He was getting ****ing killed. I mean I love to watch a guy get destroyed but not excessively over two more rounds. The ref is an idiot. It looked really bad.
            Nah the ref did good here. I mean there was one time when I thought he was done, but then he caught "El Perro" with a good right. The dude was still standing with all those punches. I mean I know that boxing is dangerous, but I think Rivera would have been pissed if they stopped it sooner.

Comment

Yeah the ref was watching more than reffing. I think he was dead set on seeing a knockdown. But I think Rivera may have a concusion. Hopefully he'll be okay though.

Comment

Yeah I'm just watching as well. I didn't get the chance to watch it last night. But man Angulo was teeing off.

there were at least 5 instances in which that dumbass ref could have stopped that fight...or at least give rivera a standing 8...uneccessary punishment taken...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
                  Nah the ref did good here. I mean there was one time when I thought he was done, but then he caught "El Perro" with a good right. The dude was still standing with all those punches. I mean I know that boxing is dangerous, but I think Rivera would have been pissed if they stopped it sooner.
                  But Rivera's shots had nothing on them Angulo was walking through them to deliver the bigger blows. I personally thought the ref was terrible.

Comment

But Rivera's shots had nothing on them Angulo was walking through them to deliver the bigger blows. I personally thought the ref was terrible.
                    I agree that Angulo was walking through them, but it is boxing and you can get lucky! I think the ref stopped it just in time. If it would have been sooner then I think a lot of people on Rivera's team (including his fans) would have been pissed.

Comment

Working...
                    X