No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vera Eyes Quillin-Rosado Winner if No Chavez Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vera Eyes Quillin-Rosado Winner if No Chavez Rematch

Brian Vera's four fight win streak and career resurgence came to a halt Saturday night as the three judges scoring the fight were about the only people in the Stub Hub Center that felt Julio Cesar Chavez Jr won the contracted 173 pound bout. Vera was extremely happy feeling he had won the fight but his mood changed once the score cards started being announced.

"When I heard 98-92 I kind of got sick to my stomach. I said 'Oh ****'. But still in my mind, I thought I won" Vera would tell BoxingScene.

Fighters in attendance such as Timothy Bradley and Mikey Garcia felt Vera deserved the nod which was a small consolation for Vera who was given the 7th loss of his professional career. Chavez said in the post fight press conference that he felt Vera did not deserve a rematch as he felt he won the fight convincingly. [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he gets the shot at rosado/quillen he deserves it

Comment

Back to FNF amigo

Comment

mmmm...no. I would like to see Vera matched with Matthew Macklin.

Comment

Vera is gonna fight Golovkin next cuz Golovkin loves fighting faded contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
            Because all the champs duck him

Comment

Remacht please at 160

Comment

Vera has a better shot at the loser or Macklin, at least his performance got him more cred than Chavez.

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                Well then he'd fight Chavez Jr. next

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Because all the champs duck him
                  Who at 160 is ducking ggg? Are you referring to the welterweights?

Comment

Hope Vera gets another high profile fight, the guy deserves it. He went up two classes and arguably outboxed a much larger fighter. Vera's a true professional to the sport; he's rugged, is always in tip top shape and gives it his all in every fight

Comment

Working...
                    X