Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the greatest Ali stories u will ever hear...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot pacmanis1...and, yea, Ali is the definition of "the peoples champion"

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting this.

I suppose in a way it goes to show just how much of a tight rope superstars really walk on with their fans. I mean i could totally understand it if Ali was in a rush and had left by the time the guy came back with the photo but yet he stayed and look at us talking about it so many years on.

On Ali's part it was such a small thing but to that fan it was a moment he'll never forget, and a moment people will talk about for years to come.

In saying that it was a small thing on Ali's part, i have to say not many superstars would do something like that. That's why Ali was one of a kind. Stories like these just go to show why he was and will always be so loved.

Comment

Exactly...I am VERY SURE there are some huge stars in the sports and entertainment world who would never dream of doing something like this...

Comment

u have to remember ali had a nasty nasty side too. What he did to fraiser and his family was a disgrace. the way he behaved in the build up to those fights was very very slimy.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            u have to remember ali had a nasty nasty side too. What he did to fraiser and his family was a disgrace. the way he behaved in the build up to those fights was very very slimy.
            What he did to his family? What did HE do to the family? LISTEN, Joe Frazier was a grown man...if Joe didnt have the verbal skils to match Ali that wasnt Ali's fault...Joe would have DEFINITELY talked back and gave as good as he got if he could have..but he couldnt. Joe was a great guy, I know this, and i am friends with his son and daughter, but come on...Ali built that fight up into what it became...all three of them...and Joe was part of it...also, keep in mind the circumstances...it was Joe vs Ali...white vs black...Government vs Ali...the war backers vs college kids, hippies, activists etc...that first fight brought HUGE pressure from all sides...that was a lot more than just a boxing match...and, again, Joe tried to match Ali, he tried to get verbal but it didnt work and Ali retaliated even worse...when Ali fought Quarry they shot guns at the house he stayed in, called all hours of the day, calling him and HIS kids the N word etc etc...but nobody says, "oh, poor Ali, his kids were subjected to this and that"...I think in the grand schemes of things, and we dont know the half of it, Ali was subjected to way more than Joe ever was...but Ali handled it differently and thats exactly why some still hate him to this day...because he NEVER looked for pity, didnt complain, and NEVER BOWED...EVER...(NOT that Joe did, I'm NOT saying that)...they couldnt dhake him, couldnt scare him, and he talked right back, said whatever he wanted and nobody could do anything about it because he was a FREE man...a lot of white people couldnt get to him any other way but by backing Joe 10000 pct. and thats what they did and they went overboard...it became more than boxing and Ali retailiated...now, mind you, I DO think Muhammad kind of ran up the score on Joe verbally at times near the end but as far as blaming him for thngs Joe's kids went through? Express pity for what Ali's kids went through, too, and the argument will be heard clearer...
            Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 10-20-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              What he did to his family? What did HE do to the family? LISTEN, Joe Frazier was a grown man...if Joe didnt have the verbal skils to match Ali that wasnt Ali's fault...Joe would have DEFINITELY talked back and gave as good as he got if he could have..but he couldnt. Joe was a great guy, I know this, and i am friends with his son and daughter, but come on...Ali built that fight up into what it became...all three of them...and Joe was part of it...also, keep in mind the circumstances...it was Joe vs Ali...white vs black...Government vs Ali...the war backers vs college kids, hippies, activists etc...that first fight brought HUGE pressure from all sides...that was a lot more than just a boxing match...and, again, Joe tried to match Ali, he tried to get verbal but it didnt work and Ali retaliated even worse...when Ali fought Quarry they shot guns at the house he stayed in, called all hours of the day, calling him and HIS kids the N word etc etc...but nobody says, "oh, poor Ali, his kids were subjected to this and that"...I think in the grand schemes of things, and we dont know the half of it, Ali was subjected to way more than Joe eevr was...but Ali handled it differently and thats exactly why some still hate him to this day..because he NEVER looked for pity, didnt complain, and NEVER BOWED...EVER...and neither did Joe...
              Yeah well if you want to dismiss or endorse what happened fine. I think he was way out of line. What I meant by his family was that his kids needed security to go to school and they heard all of the insults that were way over the top and totally unnecessary even if they did help build the fight. I don't care you should show more respect to a fellow human being. If it happened to Ali well two wrongs don't make a right. You have your opinion but I don't respect Ali and the way he talked about Fraizer and never will. I don't blame Fraizer for hating him until the day he died. There are plenty of things I could say about Ali now but I keep them to myself because I have a little bit of class which is more then I can say for that insensitive prick. There isn't enough money in the world for me to publicly humiliate someone like that even if they were my enemy.

Comment

Great story........

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                  Exactly...I am VERY SURE there are some huge stars in the sports and entertainment world who would never dream of doing something like this...
                  Most would not have even stopped and some may have even had their body guards to push the guy away

Comment

Yeah well if you want to dismiss or endorse what happened fine. I think he was way out of line. What I meant by his family was that his kids needed security to go to school and they heard all of the insults that were way over the top and totally unnecessary even if they did help build the fight. I don't care you should show more respect to a fellow human being. If it happened to Ali well two wrongs don't make a right. You have your opinion but I don't respect Ali and the way he talked about Fraizer and never will. I don't blame Fraizer for hating him until the day he died. There are plenty of things I could say about Ali now but I keep them to myself because I have a little bit of class which is more then I can say for that insensitive prick. There isn't enough money in the world for me to publicly humiliate someone like that even if they were my enemy.
                    shut yo lil soft sensitive ass up damn its boxing,toughen the fuck up,he was promoting the fight with a person he was about to fight....

Comment

Great post Iceman. Ali is a solid person.

Comment

Working...
                      X