Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton: I Hope Cotto Defeats Floyd Mayweather Jr,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun to see that after all this time the same butthurt British fans are still supporting everything that this fat cokeheaded idiot has to say.

But as you all know - there's nothing on earth more delusional than a British Sports fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Edubbs216
      Hey Dirk....did you need directions to the Rugby chat room?
      Amazing that this retail reject Dirk is still...after all this time making the same lame jokes and insults. Wow. What a sad pathetic excuse for a person.

Comment

Originally posted by urrah View Post
        Marquez, DLH and Mosley were concussed against Pacquiao were they? And Marquez was dropped in his last fight against Pacquiao? And what is a cancas?

Have you considered that maybe they said they'd favour Mayweather over Pacquiao simply because they think that Floyd's the better fighter?
        Be fair. Marquez was dropped 3 times in the first rd, badly beaten around in the second, and from then on gradually came back and made a great fight of it. It was a draw only by a judges acknowledged mistake. He tooka grudge against Pacquiao, because his people were feeding him that he'd won, and also because of the great fuss everybody made of MannyP. He said he was as good, and refused $750,000 for a n immediate return. He demanded $1.5 mill, more than what MannyP was getting. He still has that grudge, swelling by the day. Their careers, until very lately had gone in opposite directions.

Oscar was beaten far more that he's ever experienced and had to quit the fight.

Mosley after being KD in that early rd said he remembers nothing more until the 6th rd. So, yes, he could have been concussed, like Marquez.

So just about your whole post is questionable.

I'd make an ignorant guess that a "cancas" is a side-by-side typo error, too often seen to be even mentioned.
        Last edited by edgarg; 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I hope this doesn't make anyone mad because I try to get along with my fellow board members. To be accurate and fair,Shane Mosley fought Floyd and Pac about a year apart and he rated them as equals and said a fight between would be an even fight, to close for him to call. Hatton picks Floyd even though Pac beat Hatton so quickly and easily. Oscar says Floyd is better in spite of the fact that his fight with Pac was as one sided as a fight can be. Oscar's opinions are always tainted by self interests. He promotes Floyd and his rival Arum promotes Pac. He picked Mosley to beat Floyd, he picked Ortiz to beat Floyd, and right now he picks Canelo to beat Floyd. So how seriously do you want to take Oscar's opinion? As for Cotto saying Floyd is better than Pac, how about waiting a few days till after the fight to see what he says instead of putting words in his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Be fair. Marquez was dropped 3 times in the first rd, badly beaten around in the second, and from then on gradually came back and made a great fight of it. It was a draw only by a judges acknowledged mistake. He tooka grudge against Pacquiao, because his people were feeding him that he'd won, and also because of the great fuss everybody made of MannyP. He said he was as good, and refused $750,000 for a n immediate return. He demanded $1.5 mill, more than what MannyP was getting. He still has that grudge, swelling by the day. Their careers, until very lately had gone in opposite directions.
            First of all, I actually said in his last fight against Pacquiao, not his first.

I agree that Marquez could very well have a grudge against Pacquiao, but I think him saying that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao might have more to do with the fact that he has had 3 very competitive fights with Pacquiao, whereas he barely won a round and was completely outclassed by Mayweather.

Oscar was beaten far more that he's ever experienced and had to quit the fight.
            That's true, but I could just as easily make the argument that Floyd was far more disrespectful to DLH than Pacquiao, therefore DLH should have a grudge against Mayweather. I guess you could argue that DLH and Mayweather work together, but if you watch recent interviews with them together it's apparent that they don't like each other much.

Ultimately I think Oscar favours Mayweather because Floyd soundly defeated him at a comfortable weight, whereas although Pacquiao may have dominated him, he fought Pacquiao at a weight that severely disadvantaged him.

Mosley after being KD in that early rd said he remembers nothing more until the 6th rd. So, yes, he could have been concussed, like Marquez.

So just about your whole post is questionable.
            Floyd dominated Mosley just as badly as Pacquiao did, maybe ever moreso, so there's no reason why he would bear more of a grudge towards Pacquiao than Mayweather.

And what's questionable is why you assume that every fighter who loses to Pacquiao bears a grudge. The entire argument you're making is a fallacy based upon discrediting the validity of the common opponents each have shared because they do not support your own opinion.

Face the facts. Every fighter who has fought both guys believes that Mayweather is better than Pacquiao. This is only their opinion so you don't have to get upset because you think Pacquiao's better, but don't make up arguments to discredit the viewpoints of world class fighters who have faced both opponents simply because you disagree.
            Last edited by urrah; 05-02-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X