Deontay Wilder's only public comments about klitschko bro's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder's only public comments about klitschko bro's

From an interview he did HERE late last year,

I just feel like, those guys, once they fight somebody that is height level with them, it will be a different fight, because they're so used to fighting smaller guys, you know, they got long arms themselves so they can keep people at bay, look at the Lewis fight? those guys were the same height and it was a brawl, someone like myself i'm 6'7, i'm up with them so, you know, if you're not used to seeing something (a tall opponant) it's gonna be difficult, there isn't too many heavyweights that's tall so that's where i come in, that's why it's (a fight with them) gonna be special and it's gonna be really something because i'm much taller, i roll with it, i won't back down, i'm calm and it's gonna be a trade for a trade.
    After Saturday i was left wondering who on earth could give the klitschko brothers a contest and it has to be said that when it comes to the physical side of things Deontay is perfectly suited to give them problems, he's taller and has bigger reach than BOTH of them, he can move around the ring plus his right hand is destructive, his jab isn't bad either,

Obviously there's some things he still needs to work on but how many more fights does he need before he gets a shot? Chisora only had 15 fights on his record before he signed up to fight Wlad and yet Wilder is already on 17 and counting, granted the majority have been bums but i'm hoping in the next ninth months or so he'll have stepped up and improved enough to get a title shot,

As long as the Klitschko's have the height and reach advantages i can't see them losing another fight for a while.

Wasnt Tony Thompson like 6'7-6'8?

I hear what he's saying though, and I agree that a fight against a tall opponent with great athletic gifts and a strong skill set would indeed be an interesting fight.

However, Deontay only has the athletic gifts at this point. He ain't even close to ready.

Comment

Deontay Wilder could very well be the second coming of Michael Grant.

Comment

I see his point of view, sadly by the time he's ready for the Klitschko's (if he ever is) they will both probably be retired.

Comment

When he steps up from D class I'll take Wilder seriously, right now he's a black Tye Fields.

Comment

Tell wilder to gain 30 pounds and hire steward.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
              When he steps up from D class I'll take Wilder seriously, right now he's a black Tye Fields.
              When did he step up to fighting D class fighters???

Comment

He looks liek a Bballer. He' stall and skinny. He doesn't have the weight, it's that simple. Being that tall means nothing if you barely way more than Haye/Chambers.

Comment

Has Jameel McCline morphed into a midget or something?

Comment

He won't be ready to fight Wlad in at least a couple of years. He has faced terrible opposition, right now it wouldn't even make sense to say that he could do anything against Wlad or Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                    X