Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I came to my senses; Ortiz is being cashed out...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came to my senses; Ortiz is being cashed out...

In a way GBP is cashing out Ortiz, and it just lingered in my head as I was talking to a fam member or Ortiz lastnight. First thing is that GBP told Ortiz he has to win a title this year and they wouldn't put him up against Khan, Bradley is a sitting duck for Khan, Maidana is fighting Morales, and there's a vacant WBC JWW belt out there but no big top contenders out there to fight for it. Not to mention Mabuza is fighting Judah and Matthysse and Alexander are in negociations. The next available option would be at another weight class of 147, and Andre Berto would be the only option for Ortiz to get recognized if he wins. Dibella offered this fight to Ortiz and he agreed to take it; it was not GBP who forced Ortiz to take it, but they do want Ortiz to take a big fight this year. What got me thinking was why GBP has not done ANYTHING to promote this fight? The answer is that they don't think Ortiz will win. I can see them trying to talk Ortiz into taking other fights, but sense no one has given the kid a title shot he's basically saying **** it, and he seems to have been following Berto's fights because he's probably wanted a fight with him in the future. I think Ortiz knows about Berto's mistakes, but GBP doesn't believe he will win this fight that's why their not spending time promoting this...Khan had more promo with his fight with McCloskey? But Berto vs Ortiz doesn't?

the fight is a mismatch bro.People claim ortiz i bigger,Yet berto started
    his career at middleweight,Even in the amatuers.Berto is a puta

Comment

Berto ain't all that, if he losses, it's cause he was a hype job.

Comment

when I first I heard about it first thing I thought was golden boy really just doesn't give a ****. It's make or break his career with this one fight.

Comment

man i hope ortiz pulls it off.....

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            the fight is a mismatch bro.People claim ortiz i bigger,Yet berto started
            his career at middleweight,Even in the amatuers.Berto is a puta
            Yeah berto has always been a bit big, but I still think Ortiz will win because of the styles...they're rolling their dice on Ortiz to see if he's the truth or not

Comment

GBP looks at Ortiz like damaged goods, and they don't wanna waste time on him again. If some strange of fate he manages to win against Berto, I bet you GBP will be on his nutsack once again, saying like he was their boy and were so high on him from the getgo, never gets old for Oscar...

Comment

Victor lost one fight against a fcking beast and people act like his career is ruined.on 2-5-43 Sugar Ray Robinson lost to Jake Lamotta,i wonder what the posts about that would have been.

Comment

GBP doesn't know how to handle young prospects. They just throwing them to the lions and stick to the survivor only. If Maidana had KTFOed Khan in round 10 what the hell they were gonna do? Their other young prospect Mares will be brutally beaten and KTFOed by the end of this year either by Donaire or Agbeko.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                    GBP looks at Ortiz like damaged goods, and they don't wanna waste time on him again. If some strange of fate he manages to win against Berto, I bet you GBP will be on his nutsack once again, saying like he was their boy and were so high on him from the getgo, never gets old for Oscar...
                    You're almost exactly right, but I think they wanna know if he's damaged goods or not...They gave him the option to take the fight, because they don't give a **** about protecting Ortiz...Ortiz coulda said no and they woulda been cool with it, but he took it so it's on...

Comment

Working...
                    X