Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Jeremy Horn in his better days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Jeremy Horn in his better days?

I watch a lot of tv and every time he was announced his record showed him as experienced. But he always fizzled in big matches? What is your opinion?

The first person to beat Chael Sonnen twice hahaha

Definitely a pioneer as he was really MMA's first true journeyman in the sense. Except I can't think of a boxing journeyman who's beaten so many relevant names like Chael, Forrest, Burkman, Yvel, Louisea, and of course his biggest win was Chuck Liddell.

He's a fighters fighter. He doesn't fight for the fame or for recognition. He still fights til this day just for the love of the game and helping others get better. He's never been one of my personal favorites but I've always shown him nothing but respect.

Comment

haha I got caught up in paying my respects I never really answered the TS's question.

He was a solid ground fighter with exceptional knowledge and experience but I just don't think he ever evolved into an elite fighter for whatever reason. He wasn't a phenomenal wrestler so when he was stuffed he never really had a plan B. He did catch Forrest with a head kick but he never reached the next level with his striking. He was just a really tough ground fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        The first person to beat Chael Sonnen twice hahaha

Definitely a pioneer as he was really MMA's first true journeyman in the sense. Except I can't think of a boxing journeyman who's beaten so many relevant names like Chael, Forrest, Burkman, Yvel, Louisea, and of course his biggest win was Chuck Liddell.

He's a fighters fighter. He doesn't fight for the fame or for recognition. He still fights til this day just for the love of the game and helping others get better. He's never been one of my personal favorites but I've always shown him nothing but respect.
        He announced his retirement last year iirc. He is most definitely a good fighter, dude fought over a 100 times and has some legit names on his record. Very underrated fighter, only the hardcores know about him. Do I think he would have beat Forrest/Chael/Liddell/Yvel when they were at their absolute best? No but he would have still given them a tough fight.

Comment

good fighter. i put him on the level of guys like mezger.

good. not one dimensional as first mma fighters but not as well rounded as modern mma guys.

Comment

I'm still pissed Tito vs Metzger 3 never happened. I got a UFC 49/50 DVD 2pack and of course at UFC 49 they promote Tito/Metzger. I wasn't even paying attention to the cover I just bought a random UFC dvd I didn't notice Cote on the cover of UFC 50.

That probably would have been a sick fight since Tito was in great shape that fight and delivered some vicious elbows to Cote for 3 rounds. Metzger would have been able to fight back better which would have made it a war like their other fights.

Comment

Working...
            X