Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Deserves the Blame for Leonard-Pryor not happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pryor, no question IMO. Leonard may have low-balled him, but that was his right given his position in the sport. Pryor had the chance to take the fight and didn't. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      Leonard said he would use Pryor as a tune-up for a possible Hagler fight and the fight was very close to happening around 1982 but Leonard had to retire due to a detached retina. Pryor actually stated his support for Leonard's decision. He wasn't really bitter at not having the chance to fight Leonard. Earlier he had also stated that Leonard and Hearns had physically gotten bigger than him and that he wanted to fight at 135-140, not at 147.
      Yeah, that's a big reason why I wouldn't have liked Pryor's chances at all against Leonard and Hearns @ 147. They'd grown into solid WWs, and Hearns turned into a big puncher as a pro.

I actually like Pryor's chances against Duran, @ 150, better than his chances at WW against SRL and Tommy. Too bad that fell apart.

Comment

If Pryor wanted the fight so bad, he should have taken it.

But Gay Ray with his stupid sailor costume was a bigger and better fighter and also a diva.

But at least Pryor didn't take it in the pooper from Johnny Gill and get "molested" by a trainer when he was 20 years old.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4zwWwNhls
        Last edited by Awesome-O; 06-30-2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

lol, I can't still people are asking this. Pryor was not a star until he beat Alexis Arguello.
          By that time Leonard was already retired with a detached retna. This could be a good dream fight but Pryor was never in the running while Leonard was active.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            lol, I can't still people are asking this. Pryor was not a star until he beat Alexis Arguello.
            By that time Leonard was already retired with a detached retna. This could be a good dream fight but Pryor was never in the running while Leonard was active.
            Pryor was in the running. He rejected Leonard's offer, unlike Leonard's response to Johnny Gill's offer to rub him the right way.

Comment

Working...
            X