Proud and loud Atheists should shut up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Still waiting, NE...
    If you have some fiod there send some to me. It bores me waiting if he has the answer to squeal's post.

Comment

You cannot attribute innovation to religion because the inventor happened to be a member of a certain religion.

If you go back just a few decades, almost everyone was a believer. Being an atheist was bad for your health even a couple of hundred years ago, let alone in ancient times. You would be killed and tortured if you ever denounced god in any way.

Sir Issac Newton wasn't a genius because he happened to be Christian. Some would even argue that his Christianity held him back and wasted his time when it comes to certain Biblical studies he dedicated a huge part of his time to.

There were many brave souls who did at least doubt the existence of god, and even someone like Epicurus who contemplated a world without divine intervention. In ancient India, Greece, Rome and even in the Islamic world there were men who were either out right atheists, closet atheists or doubted the existence of god.

Ancient Greece was not progressed by their religion, that's a huge stretch to say that. What progressed them was their culture of philosophy. I'm actually reading now about ancient Greece and some of the great philosophers of the time.

Very innovative people, their ideas were way the fuk out there.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Proud and loud Atheists should shut up!

Great post.

Comment

Come on NE, you can do it! Respond here...

Attaboy!

Comment

Working...
          X