No announcement yet.

Greatest Thai boxers ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Thai boxers ever

I know these lil fellas dont get much attention for many reasons; boxing politics, racism, corrupt promoters, bad matchmaking, no interest in the lower weight divisons in Europe or America. Thats why the fights arent TVed cuz there is just no money involved.

Everyone knows that Thailand has a rich history of fighting, but what about boxing?
    There is a lot of talent over there and a lot of great fighters and fights are unkown to the public.
    I want to know more.

The flyweight divsion recently caught my attention, Brain Viloria with his win over Segura owns momentum und made a impact in the divison that could lead to a unification bout with lineal champ Pongsaklek Wonjongkam and a important flyweight match in an long time.

Thailand has had some great fighters in that division.

now who are the 10 greatest Thai boxers?
    Last edited by Stray Dog; 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM.

Originally posted by Stray Dog View Post
    I know these lil fellas dont get much attention for many reasons; boxing politics, racism, corrupt promoters, bad matchmaking, no interest in the lower weight divisons in Europe or America. Thats why the fights arent TVed cuz there is just no money involved.

Everyone knows that Thailand has a rich history of fighting, but what about boxing?
    There is a lot of talent over there and a lot of great fighters and fights are unkown to the public.
    I want to know more.

The flyweight divsion recently caught my attention, Brain Viloria with his win over Segura owns momentum und made a impact in the divison that could lead to a unification bout with lineal champ Pongsaklek Wonjongkam and a important flyweight match in a long time.

Thailand has had some great fighters in that division.

now who are the 10 greatest Thai boxers?

Don't know about 10, but Khaosia Galaxy tops the list.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Don't know about 10, but Khaosia Galaxy tops the list.
      Honestly, Wonjongkam > Galaxy imo, he has actually cleared out his division and beat all there is too beat where as Galaxy didn't even fight half of the best opponents out there for whatever reason.
      Pone Kingpetch is definitely up there as well.

Comment

I love Galaxy but its a shame he never fought all the top guys. IIRC Watanabe ducked him.

...I really want Khaosai's shoulders lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          I love Galaxy but its a shame he never fought all the top guys. IIRC Watanabe ducked him.

...I really want Khaosai's shoulders lol.

you could sit a big family down to dinner on those things

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            you could sit a big family down to dinner on those things
            Haha!

He was a Super Flyweight with the shoulders of somebody many weight divisions above. Amazing body. Amazing puncher too.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Honestly, Wonjongkam > Galaxy imo, he has actually cleared out his division and beat all there is too beat where as Galaxy didn't even fight half of the best opponents out there for whatever reason.
              Pone Kingpetch is definitely up there as well.

I got no beef with this as my knowledge of Thai boxers isn't anything to brag about. I have no problem deferring to yourself and others on this topic.

Comment

Pone Kingpetch: 1954-1966, 28(9)-7(3)-0 Thailand's first world champion, a 3 time flyweight champion.

Comment

Chartchai Chionoi: 1959-1975, 61(36)-18(5)-3, 2nd to win the world title over there, a 3 time flyweight champion, a non-Muay Thai fighter, his idol was Pone Kingpetch.

Comment

Galaxy twin bros:

Khaosai "The Thai Tyson" Galaxy: 1980-1991, 47(41)-1, 1999 HOFer, super-flyweight champion with 19 defences 16 coming by knockout, known for his legendary left hand.

Kaokor Galaxy:1985-1989, 24(18)-2(1), 2 time bantamweight champ

Khaosai and Khaokor Galaxy are the first twins to both become world champions

Last edited by Stray Dog; 12-24-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X