No announcement yet.

The Official Common Sense Champions By Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Common Sense Champions By Division

Let's stop pretending like we don't know who the champion of each division is:

HW: Wlad...no question

CW: Vacant....Glowacki vs Lebedev decides champion

LHW: Kovalev.....if boxing were a real sport, Stevenson would be stripped for not fighting the #1 contender and Kovalev beat Hopkins for the vacant championship.

SMW..vacant..Ward moved up

MW...GGG......Cotto beat Sergio to win, but if boxing were a real sport, he would be stripped for not fighting the #1 contender... Therefore GGG vs Murray established the new champion

JMW...Vacant...Lara vs Andrade establishes new champion

WW...vacant...Floyd retired

JWW...vacant.....Garcia moved up
    LW....vacant
    JLW...vacant
    FW...vacant
    JFW....Rigondeaux
    Bantam....vacant

Below that, politics don't mess it up. The lineal system doesn't work, sanctioning bodies are corrupt and the Ring is corrupt.

Start using common sense instead of sticking to rules that aren't enforced.

Ward is the champ at any weight class

Comment

Undisputed champions is the way to go to sort all this mess out

Comment

If we say that GGG and Kov shouldnt be champs as they havent faced the no.2 in their division (Pascal could be but humour me here), and Rigo has been stripped for not having fought anyone good for years, then there are like 2 legitimate champions in the whole of boxing. Wlad and Roman Gonzalez. Even RG's is a bit shaky with two other guys arguably having better 112lb resumes than him.

What a sport ay?

Comment

I agree with all of the champs you said.

Man, LW is hurting right now. It makes MW look like the 1996-2001 New York Yankees. And MW itself is relatively weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

If we say that GGG and Kov shouldnt be champs as they havent faced the no.2 in their division (Pascal could be but humour me here), and Rigo has been stripped for not having fought anyone good for years, then there are like 2 legitimate champions in the whole of boxing. Wlad and Roman Gonzalez. Even RG's is a bit shaky with two other guys arguably having better 112lb resumes than him.

What a sport ay?
            Common sense...Rigondeaux would fight the #1 contender tomorrow if offered the shot. I'm not stripping him for that. Roman Gonzalez is legit unless he avoids the Estrada rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              Common sense...Rigondeaux would fight the #1 contender tomorrow if offered the shot. I'm not stripping him for that. Roman Gonzalez is legit unless he avoids the Estrada rematch.
              Sorry I wasnt bashing ya thread. I would have GGG, Kov and Rigo as champs.

Just saying there is a legit argument that none of them should be, and theres only two guys who are 100% champions of their division. I just hadnt really thought about until I saw all the 'vacants' on your list

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Sorry I wasnt bashing ya thread. I would have GGG, Kov and Rigo as champs.

Just saying there is a legit argument that none of them should be, and theres only two guys who are 100% champions of their division. I just hadnt really thought about until I saw all the 'vacants' on your list
                I think GGG is legitimate because Quillin and Jacobs would move to the back of the line for openly ducking him. He's beaten #2 and 3 in Murray and Geale. The only one left is Lee/Saunders and that's as close to a clean out your can get in today's joke of a sport.

Comment

Heavy Wlad

Cruiser vacant

Light heavy - adonis

168- Ward or vacant

160 cotto

154 vacant

147 vacant

140 vacant

135 vacant

130 vacant

126 vacant

122 Rigo

118- vacant

115- vacant

112- roman

Comment

I think Kovalev is better but I don't think you can call him the man until Stevenson is dealt with.

Golovkin perhaps but event that is shaky

Comment

Working...
                    X