Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jury finds Samsung guilty of infringement, Apple awarded $1.05B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still wondering why this news is "LMAO" worthy....... I mean seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Actually, good news for anyone who like innovation. It shows that patents are still respected, and violators of intellectual property will be held accountable.
      Apple was ordered to stop sales of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 for infringing on two Samsung wireless technology patents.

I hope samsung get compensation for their patent infringements then

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
        Im still wondering why this news is "LMAO" worthy....... I mean seriously?
        Personally, I hate the thread tags but I know you'd find it funny if it was Samsung who won a settlement. Is it really that hard for you to see why the TS finds it funny?

Comment

Actually, good news for anyone who like innovation. It shows that patents are still respected, and violators of intellectual property will be held accountable.
          Ummm no this hinders innovation. Sounds like you know little about any of this. The only thing this shows is how idiotic United States Legal system is (as if we need any more proof) Samsung has won this exact case in the UK, S. Korea, Asia, and Austrialia. Leave it up to the idiotic US patent system to come up with a different conclusion than the rest of the world. Its a good thing there's a reform coming soon that will put an end to this garbage.

in the meantime enjoy the next greatest innovation from Apple with the iphone 5. Rumors are they took innovation to the next level with FAcebook integration as their biggest "new" feature
          Last edited by ANDROIDISM; 08-25-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Sad part is, this is Apple's way to get at Google.
            Not really. Apple went after samsung (yes the company that powers their own iphone )

Apple stands no change vs Google that's why they dont attack them directly only their manufacturers. but Google is preparing to now go on the attack. I tink they've sat back long enough with all this trolling by apple. Google via Motorola has already filed a case in court vs Apple for numerous patent infringements owned by motorola (which google owns)

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy View Post
              even though i hate all the apple zombie **** its good that the american company won
              Why so they can continue screwing over their american customers?

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                Why so they can continue screwing over their american customers?
                If by screwing over you mean providing great products and great customer service. Have you actually ever been in an apple store? Have you ever owned anything apple? Anything goes wrong with it, they will basically fix it no questions asked.

I spilled a beer on my laptop, took it in to apple. They fixed it no questions asked. Honestly, the most fantastic customer service experience of any company I have ever dealt with.

This is coming from a Linux fanboy...

Comment

Most people that hate on apple have never owned an apple product androidjism is a twat who has personal feelings for hes fake iPhone (android).

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    i dont see it that way dear lads... i think in the long run apple's competitors will have greater room to maneuver it's neurons to come up with designs and things that are drastically different from what apple is cooking...

genuinely different GUIs and stuff... (not just merely apple-sque) consumers like you and i still benefit...
                    Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    That's not a bad point, man. I hadn't thought of it like that. It will end up forcing them to go in a different direction, which could be a good thing.
                    Thats the whole point. People look at Apple like they were moving slow. Its easy to wait for apple to release their newest innovation and then copy it +1.

I mean honestly, read this. This is from Samsung themselves. Its basically proof that all they are trying to do is imitate the iPhone.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/102322739/...parison-Report
                    Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Sad part is, this is Apple's way to get at Google.

Finally, some people who get it. If other companies were truly innovative they would think of something different without copying and stealing from Apple.

The consumer wins if companies are allowed to innovate without having their IP stolen. If your innovative ideas can be copied and stolen easily, why bother trying to be? It just ends up with me-too products like we have right now that all mimic the iPhone.

This win by Apple makes a clear statement that innovation is still held above stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                      Finally, some people who get it. If other companies were truly innovative they would think of something different without copying and stealing from Apple.

The consumer wins if companies are allowed to innovate without having their IP stolen. If your innovative ideas can be copied and stolen easily, why bother trying to be? It just ends up with me-too products like we have right now that all mimic the iPhone.

This win by Apple makes a clear statement that innovation is still held above stealing.
                      Apple was ordered to stop sales of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 for infringing on two Samsung wireless technology patents.

I hope samsung get compensation for their patent infringements then

Also, ill be looking keenly at the google lawsuit against apple in which apparantly apple stole motorola patented ideas (owned by google)

I'm an iphone user and no company gets that big and has that much revenue cleanly. It's obvious apple likely infringed patents which courts already ruled they did.

Comment

Working...
                      X