No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Steals The Show With Apology Over Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barn View Post
    Ali was well known to be quite unintelligent (did not graduate high school) and also had very bigoted views and personally insulted Joe Frazier to the point his life was pretty much ruined. Take off the rose tinted glasses please.
    but he wuz black doe

Comment

Not graduating high school is no standard for a lack of intelligence.
      I'm not saying Ali was a genius or anything but there are intelligent people throughout the history of the arts, sciences and technology who didn't finish or even attend high school.

Comment

Fury is a POS, Moronic Dip Shiiiiit

I hope this worthless fool's run at the top is over soon.

He'd be better served dressing up in costumes, and having water balloons chucked at his head.
        I can't wait to watch the replay of whoever KO's this biiiitch.

Comment

Fury could steal the show at someones funeral.

I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing. The people who get all worked up about things being said instead of actual f#cked up things that happen drive me nuts & give me lil hope for humanity.

Plus I mean **** who agrees with everything anyone says any damn way. Anyone worth knowing probably has some sort of controversial or unpopular opinion or thought about something.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
            For those who care, the Heavyweight Championship was once held by one of the greatest minds the world has ever known.
            The code and witlessness of this moron reminds us of how far removed we have become from such majesty and respect.
            Ali utilized his verbal bombast for glory. It's now just a world of glory seekers.
            The ironic thing is how similar young Ali & the current Fury are. Both are/were hated for talking so much by many. Both of their skills have been misrepresented by fans (I've watched videos of old Ali fights where commentators openly mock Ali's "fighting style" that was discussed more like a 100yd dash than a fighting style).

Ali was a great talker. Fury is a great talker. And while neither are/were getting the highest SAT scores its save to assume both had/have a high emotional intelligence if you listen to either of them talk for longer than a sound bite.

Comment

Fury thinks he's edgy and cool yet just comes across as one big idiot.

Comment

Ali was well known to be quite unintelligent (did not graduate high school) and also had very bigoted views and personally insulted Joe Frazier to the point his life was pretty much ruined. Take off the rose tinted glasses please.
                Agreed, Ali was a but of a douche himself, not "one of the greatest minds in history". He rambled in front of the cameras much in the way Tyson does.

Regarding the protest, 30 people? Ouch. Almost counter-productive when your protest is laughably small.

Comment

If your base your opinions on footage of him taunting his opponents or the usual highlight reels of him making quips then you may have a point, but even then he came off as witty and amusing. If you have watched his interviews, especially the ones with Michael Parkinson, then you are wrong. He was wise beyond his years, articulate and very intelligent. Not just for a boxer either. He was more intelligent than your average politician or academic. He was invited to universities to give speeches and delved deep into topics other boxing in interviews. You need to watch his interviews on youtube to appreciate how truly gifted he was mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Agreed, Ali was a but of a douche himself, not "one of the greatest minds in history". He rambled in front of the cameras much in the way Tyson does.

Regarding the protest, 30 people? Ouch. Almost counter-productive when your protest is laughably small.

He rambled in front of cameras? and you're comparing the way he spoke to Tyson? Ali never fumbled over his words even when he was put on the spot. One of his gifts was that he was a great talker and not only that...an awesome conversationalist. He could have been a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                      He rambled in front of cameras? and you're comparing the way he spoke to Tyson? Ali never fumbled over his words even when he was put on the spot. One of his gifts was that he was a great talker and not only that...an awesome conversationalist. He could have been a lawyer.
                      Reading comprehension failure. Rambling does not mean fumbling. It means continuing on and on. Though, I will add that I've seen several times that he did fumble or say nonsensical things. He, like Tyson, loved the attention and would go on in front of the cameras.

Comment

Working...
                      X