Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has Sergio Martinez's style of boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he reminds me a bit of judah when he was at his peak.

the footwork and headmovement based defense. the way he turns that same defense into offense through sharp counterpunching utilizing awkward angles, fast hands and the southpaw stance. the fast flurries when he decides to get aggressive.

to me martinez is a more disciplined version of judah, like he took zabs style to the next level and added more mental resolve.

Comment

proksa has / had a similar style

poor man's martinez.

campillo fights a bit like he does as well (they have the same trainer and they spar.)

Comment

Victor Cayo uses almost the same style.

Comment

Victor Cayo

Comment

too slick....too Argentine

Comment

His style isn't "style-ish" but its effective against the normal way trainers approach fighting a southpaw! He moves clock wise instead of traditionally and this eliminates all most all conventional fighters from throwing their jabs and their hooks!! He moves away from those punches then looks to put his lead left (backhand) in faster than the lead right hand from his opponents. He is difficult to gage if you sit and wait as this young fellow did the other night. This could have been a very good fight if both came to fight starting in the second round!! But they didn't do that and we got what we got which was boring when you consider that it was a Championship bout! Hes tuff to gage and maybe he doesn't move very well going to his right? Haven't seen him fight other than this bout and off that performance I think he should fight 8 rounders, this way he has to start in the 1st or 2nd round and then we could watch a fighter, fight. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by ray corso View Post
                his style isn't "style-ish" but its effective against the normal way trainers approach fighting a southpaw! He moves clock wise instead of traditionally and this eliminates all most all conventional fighters from throwing their jabs and their hooks!! He moves away from those punches then looks to put his lead left (backhand) in faster than the lead right hand from his opponents. He is difficult to gage if you sit and wait as this young fellow did the other night. This could have been a very good fight if both came to fight starting in the second round!! But they didn't do that and we got what we got which was boring when you consider that it was a championship bout! Hes tuff to gage and maybe he doesn't move very well going to his right? Haven't seen him fight other than this bout and off that performance i think he should fight 8 rounders, this way he has to start in the 1st or 2nd round and then we could watch a fighter, fight. Ray.
                great post green k my good sir........

Comment

Working...
                X