Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to find, kill, clean and skin your own game would you still eat meat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to find, kill, clean and skin your own game would you still eat meat?

Assuming that factory farming is done away with in the next few years and access to cheap meat products is a thing of the past. Most of you are modern day soft ******* with no skills in procuring the necessities of life. You are just passive consumers living an absentminded life in the hopes that the system that feeds you never breaks down.

But lets say it did.

Do you learn the way of hunter? Or would you just go vegetarian?

Me?

I think I'd still eat meat, but probably the way it was always intended to be eaten, that is to say with much less frequency.

Maybe once every few months to six months I'd go out and bag myself some raccoon or possum.

Outside of that, it'd be pure veggies and grains.

I find, kill, clean, and skin my own game every year chief. With a bow....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      I find, kill, clean, and skin my own game every year chief. With a bow....
      I know you're telling the truth because you called me "chief"...

I would use a trusty Ruger 10/22 personally.

Comment

Nah it would be too much effort for a working man like myself. I would buy vegetarian substitutes from my local supermarket instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          I know you're telling the truth because you called me "chief"...

I would use a trusty Ruger 10/22 personally.
          I used to use a rifle when I was younger, my 30 30 has taken down a few tasty beasts, but I like the challenge of the bow more, and besides, I get to start my season a month before everyone else...

Comment

Roadkill. ftw.

Comment

Grew up a butcher. Would be no problem to me. In fact, I have an itching to do it every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                I used to use a rifle when I was younger, my 30 30 has taken down a few tasty beasts, but I like the challenge of the bow more, and besides, I get to start my season a month before everyone else...
                What kind of game do you hunt? And where?

Comment

Assuming that factory farming is done away with in the next few years and access to cheap meat products is a thing of the past. Most of you are modern day soft ******* with no skills in procuring the necessities of life. You are just passive consumers living an absentminded life in the hopes that the system that feeds you never breaks down.

But lets say it did.

Do you learn the way of hunter? Or would you just go vegetarian?

Me?

I think I'd still eat meat, but probably the way it was always intended to be eaten, that is to say with much less frequency.

Maybe once every few months to six months I'd go out and bag myself some raccoon or possum.

Outside of that, it'd be pure veggies and grains.
                  no but i'd eat you jack.

no ****

Comment

What kind of game do you hunt? And where?
                    Mostly just deer in Northern California, but I also hunt pig and pheasant. I use the shotgun for the birds of course. I want to Bow hunt a turkey this year....

Comment

Working...
                    X