No announcement yet.

If God is omnibenevolent and the ultimate source of justice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
    That's not an answer idiot. That's one man's perception.
    A man that has more brains in his left nut than you do in your whole fugly ass dome fool.

Thats one mans perception that I totally agree with. And that video IS an answer.....His answer to a world renowned Atheist that refuses to debate him.

Comment

Originally posted by +The|Razor+ View Post
      Nice, a whole minute huh? maybe thats why you sound like an idiot. Watch the video and read what you just posted.

Lets try again.

That is all just bullshit. An "explanation of the explanation"? No, no no no. This guy makes the argument that "nothing" must come from "something" so "everything" comes from "god" which logically begs the question what created "god". And Dawkins doesn't conclude that "therefore god doesn't exist". Dawkins concludes that "therefore god is an unnecessary part of the argument".

So the guy is just wrong on every single level.

The best way to decribe it would be to say that scientifically, Something cant come from Nothing.
      This premise is incorrect. Sure under "normal" conditions energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed. But on a quantum level "something" comes from "nothing" all the time.

Quite frankly high school level science like Dr (of theology) Craig is familiar with is insufficient to try and misappropriate science to peddle your mystic woo.

If there is Nothing.....Nothing is the only thing that it will ever be.

Scientists point to the Big Bang and say that the Universe just....BOOM!!!!....Came from nothing. But how is that possible if Nothing can come from Nothing?

He talks about other things and explains it better in the videos, you just have to try and keep up.

Nothing comes from Nothing. There had to be a Creator.
      Where did the creator (small c) come from then?

A man that has more brains in his left nut than you do in your whole fugly ass dome fool.
      Such a shame he has applied his impressive intellect to christian apologetics instead of doing something that could benefit humanity instead.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        That is all just bullshit. An "explanation of the explanation"? No, no no no. This guy makes the argument that "nothing" must come from "something" so "everything" comes from "god" which logically begs the question what created "god". And Dawkins doesn't conclude that "therefore god doesn't exist". Dawkins concludes that "therefore god is an unnecessary part of the argument".

So the guy is just wrong on every single level.

This premise is incorrect. Sure under "normal" conditions energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed. But on a quantum level "something" comes from "nothing" all the time.

Quite frankly high school level science like Dr (of theology) Craig is familiar with is insufficient to try and misappropriate science to peddle your mystic woo.

Where did the creator (small c) come from then?

Such a shame he has applied his impressive intellect to christian apologetics instead of doing something that could benefit humanity instead.
        I really cant believe you dont get it. I really dont think you are grasping at what is being said.

Here is the dumb version.....one more time.

Take your time..then read your posts in this thread and see that they make no sense.

Comment

I really cant believe you dont get it. I really dont think you are grasping at what is being said.

Take your time..then read your posts in this thread and see that they make no sense.
          His examples of how designed objects must have a designer, such as machinery on the moon are flawed in as much as organic matter is not designed. We know that complexity in nature has very simple origins that have evolved and responded to the environment. Repetitions of simple patterns give way to incredibly complex patterns.
          The complexity of intelligent life in the universe therefore does not need a intelligent creator.
          Why would a vast universe with a minuscule speck of life within it be proof of a universe designed for life?
          Thats like saying all the oceans on Earth were designed for the purpose of drowning an ant. Plus consider that 99.9% of life on our planet is extinct....hardly a design worthy of a perfect God.

I think the most rational position to take is that we know very little about the origins of our universe, and although the multi-universe theory kills off the 'fine tuning argument' we really dont know.
          To place god as a logical answer to anything an argument from ignorance. i.e. we dont know/ the God of the gaps.

Comment

How many more times? THE ARGUMENT IS OLD! IT IS FLAWED! IT HAS BEEN DEALT WITH!

You have found an evangelical with two PhDs in theology who specializes in christian apologetics on behalf of the Discovery Institute. His arguments are wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
              Your logic is shortsighted and ILLOGICAL....

The omnibenevolent gave us free will,And that is all you need to know.From that you can have reasons.
              your argument is contradicting...

look at it logically. no man can ever commit so much "sin" in one lifetime to warrant him eternal torture.

simply put, its not fair.

hell doesn't exist, im damn sure of it.

Comment

Dr Craig - "In order to recognise that an explanation is the best, you don't have to have an explanation of the explanation".

The big bang theory explains the existence of the universe (in it's current state). Dr Craig accepts this.

I would suggest we can recognise this explanation as the best based on the evidence.

If we apply his logic, can we conclude we don't need to have an explanation for the big bang (i.e. the best explanation)?

By Craig's logic we don't need an explanation for what caused the big bang (i.e. a God).
                Last edited by TheAuthority; 09-19-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I always wondered why, if religion was so great, was the threat of eternal damnation needed to get people to join up.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    You have found an evangelical with two PhDs in theology who specializes in christian apologetics on behalf of the Discovery Institute. His arguments are wrong!
                    So you can bow at the alter of Hitchens and Hawking/Athiest apologists but Dr. Craig is........wrong,dumb,been disproven??? LMAO!!! Ok squeal whatever you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      I always wondered why, if religion was so great, was the threat of eternal damnation needed to get people to join up.
                      You got it all wrong brother. When you recognize God and Jesus for the truth, eternal damnation is not your motivation for being a Christian. Heaven is your goal.

My goal in life is not to NOT go to hell. My goal is to earn my way to heaven.

Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X