No announcement yet.

Whatever happened with Mel Gibson's "Get the Gringo?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Blackwashing characters? Really? Do you really want to go down that road? You know how many non-white characters ended up being played by white actors? C'mon man, don't act like there is a massive problem in Hollywood where black/non-white actors are taking all of the jobs! ffs man. I mean your biggest issue here is some nerdy comic book characters are played by black guys? lol what a joke. And it's not like white actors taking non-white roles ended in the 50s, when every native american in a western was a white guy with a tan, it still happens all the time. You got Prince of Persia played by Jake Gyllenhaal. PERSIA!!

You have the huge biblical epic Exodus taking place in Egypt where almost every major role was played by a white actor, except for minor roles of "thief", "assassin", etc who are played by actual black dudes

Just put some eyeliner on them, that's how you make them middle-eastern

Ramesses II as Joel Edgerton. Because when I think of Ramesses II, I think of Welsh people. And of course, Sigourney Weaver is his mother, which makes perfect sense!

I
    STAND
    BY
    EVERYTHING
    I
    POSTED.

like i said, hollywood used to white wash characters (as you've clearly shown with that post which nobody was contending) now they are going the other way,

blackwashing white characters.

dont worry, regular white washing still takes place:

'Aloha' director apologizes for casting Emma Stone as Asian-American:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/entert...-apology-feat/

LOL how about having a jewish woman play an arab dictator's wife?

or a jew playing amazonian warrior princess???

as if jewish people needed more jobs in hollywood.

Comment

hollywood's new trend these last half decade is to cast people of color as the bad guys:

dont even get me started on regular commercials they show on tv all the time that have blatant racist connotations always showing the colored person as the lesser while showing the white person as the better in roles.

Comment

Im still hoping they make Bird on a wire 2

Comment

Working...
        X