Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is al Haymon that worst thing ever to happen to the sport of boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
    he is just a manager, he does not have a promotional company.
    Yes he does, they even have job listings on Indeed or Linkedin, or they did anyway. But it's a fact they have a website about to launch called Al Haymon boxing or promotions. He's a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I don't really admire him I just don't see much of the problem with him either. He is out to make a profit like anyone else, either his method with be successful or it will not.

If you want to talk in hyperbole like a little kid instead of actually debating your point go right ahead, but once again that shows why your thread was not that good to start with.

I tried to help you a bit but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink~
      Bro I'm serious. I take back anything bad I've ever said about Stevenson or the whole Garcia vs Ronnie fight. It's really great that a so called "manager" to these fighters is dictating a big part of the sport. And at this current moment one side is giving us complete ***** fights with no end in site. Haymon is trying to treat this like the music buisness but he's forgetting that what he's involved in is a fn sport. And by the way how did haymons last venture go. O yeah he got sued by one of the biggest recording artist in the game for stealing her damn money. Un fn believable.maybe he's not the worst but he damn sure ain't worth sticking up for.
      Last edited by Chiboxing123; 09-04-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatyPie View Post
        If reports are true that he's going to turn boxing into an online subscription thing then yes. Boxing would literally die.
        oh fk...is that how he's jiving these boxers to get them on board.
        won't affect me. i stream.
        i hold gates and the other dweebs to their word. which is everything on the internet will stay free. they lied.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Yes he does, they even have job listings on Indeed or Linkedin, or they did anyway. But it's a fact they have a website about to launch called Al Haymon boxing or promotions. He's a promoter.
          i guess ill comment on that when i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            You reply is invalid since Haymon is NOT a Promoter yet, he is in the process of setting up shop. Therefore, he cannot be, nor can his actions be compared to actual Promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
              Bro I'm serious. I take back anything bad I've ever said about Stevenson or the whole Garcia vs Ronnie fight. It's really great that a so called "manager" to these fighters is dictating a big part of the sport. And at this current moment one side is giving us complete ***** fights with no end in site. Haymon is trying to treat this like the music buisness but he's forgetting that what he's involved in is a fn sport. And by the way how did haymons last venture go. O yeah he got sued by one of the biggest recording artist in the game for stealing her damn money.
              Haymon is just doing his thing, it is really no different from anyone else. Unless you can point out something that he really did that is actually a detriment to the sport he is just run of the mill and no different from anyone else involved in the game.

Like I can point out Bob Arum was invovled in the IBF ranking fix and caught a huge fine and suspension, or Don King who stole how much money from how many fighters? or Murradd Muhammed who was living it up in the presidential suite while Manny Pacquiao and his whole entourage where crammed in normal rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                worst thing?

that's a tough one...im still gonna go with Teddy Atlas talking
                That would definitely be the most annoying thing in boxing. Teddy seems less sane every year.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  You reply is invalid since Haymon is NOT a Promoter yet, he is in the process of setting up shop. Therefore, he cannot be, nor can his actions be compared to actual Promoters.
                  Signing a whole bunch of talent and then them making comments like "I fight who Al Haymon tells me to" isn't close to what you would call a boxing promoter? That's exactly what people say Bob does and he is a promoter.

Comment

Working...
                  X