Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IF Pacquiao Knocks Out Marquez? What Does That Mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    im good if they earn it but he beat a fringe top 10 contender at 140 for his only fight at 140 now he gets a fight at 147. Nah he didnt earn anything yet
    how about rios-bradley for the WBO 147 belt. sound good? i have it rios will win, probably by UD or late stoppage if he can inflict enough damage to an agile bradley

Comment

I got a better question..

What if Marquez pummels Pacquiao and stops him...Do we get Marquez-Pacquiao V??

Comment

Pacquiao couldn't even knock out a weight drained Clottey and got schooled by a nobody in Bradley, stop with this bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          how about rios-bradley for the WBO 147 belt. sound good? i have it rios will win, probably by UD or late stoppage if he can inflict enough damage to an agile bradley
          Bradley would beat Rios by wide ud,Rios just isn't that good. He is tough and entertaining but far from a good boxer.Bradley would box his ears off

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Pacquiao couldn't even knock out a weight drained Clottey and got schooled by a nobody in Bradley, stop with this bs.
            How exactly was Clottey weight drained??and how can you ko a man who stands there with his hands in front of his face all fight?

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
              How exactly was Clottey weight drained??and how can you ko a man who stands there with his hands in front of his face all fight?
              Oh sorry I didn't realize boxers weren't supposed to defend themselves

F00kin n00b

Comment

it means pac will be the only person to have stopped marquez...

Comment

I would be very impressed-it means the Pacman has stopped a roided Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    ok, so hypothetically speaking, if pacquiao finally knocks out marquez, what impact would it have?

well, first of all, many people say marquez is an old man who is past his prime. as for pacquiao, they say he's on the decline and should never have accepted this pointless fight and instead fought other hungry up and comers.

here's what i have to say to that. what a bunch of .

listen, marquez is considered by many boxing experts as the best light welterweight fighter today and the true champion of the lightweight division not to mention he's top 5 in the overall p4p list. that says a lot.

as for pacquiao, he just beat a prime bradley but has somehow lost his a step or two and was't able to close the show.

so here the big question, what IF pacquiao delivers marquez his first and only knock out lose. does that mean pacquiao is a genius for making adjustments or should pacquiao reclaim his be rightful crown as the true p4p king?

you thoughts?
                    I agree with your points. and a KO would cement MannyP's position as the #1lb4lb and also enhance his all-time-great status. I'd say the impact would be on Marquez' chin, so he's the one who should be asked. The fight is not pointless. They have-at least Marquez has- unfinished business. A fourth fight should be as equally entertaining as the previous three. Who would complain about that? Every fight need not be for titles. The titles are there mainly as inducements to compete as well as earning the belt-awarders an underseved and very good living. It a kind of sham to put in froont of the cash customers, so that they can think they're attending a sports event, and not just the outcome of a business decision.

This fight is on because the two fighters are winding down their careers, and for their last few fights they want the best return in cash, not glory.

My opinion is that MannyP is the better man and if the first fight had been fairly scored, he'd have had a win nstead of a draw. But I'll be happy to watch this 4th and most likely the last of the series. Pacquiao recently signed a new contract which will last until probably the middle of 2014, just in time for his next election attempt, possibly for governor of his province, although I've heard that he intends to stay in congress this time.

His grit and determination to overcome his enrmous difficulties, have been a great part of making him the global celebrity he has become, and he's richly earned it. He could have followed the path of the boxing norm to the bars, the courts, the gaols and maybe ...bingo!.

I wish him nothing but success for his future.
                    Last edited by edgarg; 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Does anyone genuinely care about the fight let alone outcome? Pac should have KOd JMM last time around.... I mean according to the hype

Comment

Working...
                      X