Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some weaknesses of the Mayweather jr style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some weaknesses of the Mayweather jr style?

As in his elevated shoulder and rolling punches. I don't mean Floyd in particular just the style. It's called the philly shell no? I'm new to boxing so I apologize for my ignorance lol

If floyd only used that defense that would be a weakness.

But its not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
      As in his elevated shoulder and rolling punches. I don't mean Floyd in particular just the style. It's called the philly shell no? I'm new to boxing so I apologize for my ignorance lol
      jab jab and jab

Comment

You are open to getting hit by right hooks (or jabs) and straight left hands from a southpaw fighter because the angle is wrong. It is also why you would never see a southpaw use it because they would get killed against right handed fighters.

Floyd's style is more complex than that though, which is why he doesn't really fight like that against southpaws.

Comment

the southpaw jab as he isnt in a favorable position to block it with his usual stance and guard

Comment

A really good jab would be a weakness. In Mayweather's case he would usually parry or throw a straight right hand before you get the chance to throw your jab effectively but w.e.

Comment

Weaknesses:

He potshots, giving the opportunity for his opponents to initiate attack. With that said, he's open to unconventional angles (Pacquiao), utilization of height/reach that can nullify his key defense (prime Margarito), pure relentlessness that could penetrate his turtle in a half-shell (prime Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao), and equal or better speed/conditioning (Pacquiao).

Strengths:

Ducks, dodges, and runs away from his weaknesses until they turn into strengths. With that said, he potshots, giving the opportunity for his opponents to initiate attack and hopefully slow themselves down so he can showcase himself (Judah). Playing mind games for months or years to mentally exhaust his opponent from unnecessary stress is also part of his arsenal.
              Last edited by spoonwars; 08-18-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                Weaknesses:

He potshots, giving the opportunity for his opponents to initiate attack. With that said, he's open to unconventional angles (Pacquiao), utilization of height/reach that can nullify his key defense (prime Margarito), pure relentlessness that could penetrate his turtle in a half-shell (prime Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao), and equal or better speed/conditioning (Pacquiao).

Strengths:

Ducks, dodges, and runs away from his weaknesses until they turn into strengths. With that said, he potshots, giving the opportunity for his opponents to initiate attack and hopefully slow themselves down so he can showcase himself (Judah). Playing mind games for months or years to mentally exhaust his opponent from unnecessary stress is also part of his arsenal.
                You're a ******

All these years and still butt hurt lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                  You're a ******

All these years and still butt hurt lmao
                  Please elaborate. If you can. LOL.

Comment

What ever weaknesses he has, they are not weak enough.

43-0.

Comment

Working...
                    X