No announcement yet.

Ward certainly isn't P4P No. 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I seen you hating on some fighters because of nefarious reasons, thats all I'm saying.

But in this round, you are right.

Just take it and move on kid.
    for example ?

Comment

not even sure he'd have been top of mine even if he won. Why should he be? Is it cause hes american or something? Beating kovalev would be one good win in 5 years, why does that make him automatically top? Cause he won the average 6? All that winning the average 6 did was prove that he was the best in that division, theres plenty of fighters whove proved themselves as top dogs in the division. And as i said before, the fighters in that tournament werent much good, think people saw a bit of a difference in quality in his opponent when he fought kovalev as opposed to abraham/kessler/froch.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I agree, I saw Kovalev as the superior fighter. Ward looked limited, no right hand, no fluid combos, and his inside game is overrated and non effective if the other guy won't play to his dirty tactics. He had no answers from the outside and kept eating jabs and right hands. Ward should never compared to Mayweather or even Hopkins again, that is an insult to those complete fighters.
        ward went up n weight n fought the monster of the division, his inside game was shut down by kovs holding, but even then he created enough space to land body shots in the championship rounds. both fighters did well, ward is not the same fighter he was years ago but to say he doesn't deserve respect is crazy. hes no mayweather but he definitely deserves respect as ANDRE WARD. I guess the fact he faced one of the best fighters of our time had nothing to do with how he looked?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          not even sure he'd have been top of mine even if he won. Why should he be? Is it cause hes american or something? Beating kovalev would be one good win in 5 years, why does that make him automatically top? Cause he won the average 6? All that winning the average 6 did was prove that he was the best in that division, theres plenty of fighters whove proved themselves as top dogs in the division. And as i said before, the fighters in that tournament werent much good, think people saw a bit of a difference in quality in his opponent when he fought kovalev as opposed to abraham/kessler/froch.
          Beating Kovalev earns him A LOT of credit, cut the **** out man.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            ward went up n weight n fought the monster of the division, his inside game was shut down by kovs holding, but even then he created enough space to land body shots in the championship rounds. both fighters did well, ward is not the same fighter he was years ago but to say he doesn't deserve respect is crazy. hes no mayweather but he definitely deserves respect as ANDRE WARD. I guess the fact he faced one of the best fighters of our time had nothing to do with how he looked?
            A lot of fighters move up and I never said anything about him not deserving respect, I'm actually a bigger Ward fan. I'm just calling it how I see it that Kovalev was the better fighter and was jobbed by American judges. Ward showed tremendous heart and made it competitive but I and many people didn't see him win the contest.

Comment

What happened to all this talk of Ward being p4p no. 1? lol

Kovalev just showed that Ward isn't the type of versatile fighter he was being compared to. I won't even mention those other fighters name because that's a disgrace.

Ward is a 2 trick poney. Clinch and fight on the inside, then jab on the outside. Kovalev out did him in both.

I actually said something on BA or whatever forum I was on at the time, 4 years ago after the Dawson fight, that if Ward fights someone who is healthy and can match him for size and strength he loses. That's what we saw last night.

I'm gonna put my hand up and say I didn't think Kovalev would be as strong but he was and once he took that from Ward, what did he show exactly? He showed Chilemba levels of defense, which is good but nothing special.
              its ok bro....kovalev lost..both gave us a good fight...no need to be butthurt

Chilemba got stopped, does that take anything from Kov?

both are top 5 p4p performers and saturday proved it.....you may not like who the winner was but the right man won.

Comment

Fischer who is the official scorer of The Ring had it 117-111 Kovalev. That's not close.

So tell me how it would be justified for this publication, the most famous and revered in the sport, to have Ward top of his p4p list?

The top UK boxing publication had it 115-112 for Kovalev, I think, might have been a slightly different score, I can't remember. If they were to have Ward number one, what would you think of their list?

Please do not avoid the question second time.
                Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to? I wouldn't be saying he should be P4P #1 if i didn't think he should be.

Comment

aww shutup and enjoy your plate of crow.....kovalev initiated most of the clinches, got beat inside by the smaller man, and didnt stop him like many of you predicted

sour grapes...you're butthurt...bwhaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

both are top 5 p4p entrants and showed class

Comment

I defended bigdramashow before but he is acting like a dick now. Ward win, accept it and shut the ****up

Comment

Abraham/Kessler/Froch are better than anyone on Golovkins resume, Kovalev is a top P4P fighter and it was a close fight. Ward and Kovalev have proven they belong at the top of the sport. Golovkin hasn't yet you have him there.

Comment

Working...
                      X