Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it fair to say that rap is detrimental to the black community?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
    What about all the pinoys who listen to "hit em up" in their hondas AND they use the word N***a more then a black guy...? All bad.
    ain't as bad as mexicans who say ***** a lot. go up to norcal and you'll see what it is. mexicans think they are black up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
      ain't as bad as mexicans who say ***** a lot. go up to norcal and you'll see what it is. mexicans think they are black up there.
      You got me there!!! You'r 100% right! No love for that part of Cali... Continue on.

Comment

I think most rap is garbage. I do make an exception for certain rap from back in the 90s, but even with them, I only listen to them rarely and it's usually when I'm drinking on the weekends and too lazy to listen to anything more complex, niggga.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
          i was rocking out to rage agains the machine and system of a down last night and i noticed that the lyrical content is basically the same **** as rap music. they promote drug use, anarchy, anti-police, violence, abuse of women, guns and more.

then i got up in some country music and it's all about cheating on your spouse, banging loose whores, and driving nice cars while also promoting alcoholism and drug use.

these two genres of music are widely considered white folk music but no one ever says that whitey needs to stop listening to them because it makes them violent and unstable. although i do remember people trying to get eminem's music banned because they said it was corrupting the yoofs.
          It's not the music it's the parenting or lack thereof . my father allowed me to listen to dolemite and Richard Pryor records from the time I was 7 or 8 years old. He also allowed me to look at playboy, penthouse, and hustler. However he took the time to explain to me what I was hearing and seeing. I don't care what your ethnicity is. If your parents ain't siht then chances are you ain't gonna be siht. I don't mean financially. I mean morally and ethically. The problem today is too many parents want to be their child's friend and not their parent. If no one is there to teach you right from wrong chances are you'll grow up with no boundries or limits to what you will and/or won't do. Everything is fair game.

Comment

Working...
          X