Controlled sparring, your favourite exercises

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlled sparring, your favourite exercises

Hi all!

In your opinion what is the best "controlled sparring" exercises? Could you tell me a few? For example I like it when one man attacks only with jabs and the other one is only defending - I think this exercise helped my defending a lot. Can you tell me some more exercises like this?

Also, what do you think what is the best way to improve the movement? Could you tell me some exercises which you do it in pair and is about improving your movement?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Petee View Post
    Hi all!

In your opinion what is the best "controlled sparring" exercises? Could you tell me a few? For example I like it when one man attacks only with jabs and the other one is only defending - I think this exercise helped my defending a lot. Can you tell me some more exercises like this?

Also, what do you think what is the best way to improve the movement? Could you tell me some exercises which you do it in pair and is about improving your movement?

Thanks!
    The best type of sparring is non-premeditated sparring. In other words, free style in which your defensive instincts are put to the test not knowing whats coming at you ahead of time. Similar to a real fight. But if you insist on implementing a good routine, I suggest in the pocket sparring consisting of both partners planting their feet and exchanging short crisp shots on the inside. Great endurance builder and skill developer. Remember, the most accurate shots are the one's that come at short distance. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Petee View Post
      Hi all!

Thanks!
      One that I like to use with my fighters.

So we know there's many ways to defend punches, two of the most common is slipping and catching. You can slip all shots, and catch all shots.

The two most common punches thrown are the 1-2. So defend the 1-2 over and over, either catch the jab and slipping the 2, or slipping the jab and slipping the 2. Or you can catch both....

Learn to just react to those two shots, learn distance, and how to anticipate the jab and right hand combo to better defend it and counter off of it.

Just a basic drill that can really improve your fundamentals.

Comment

Thanks for the great replies!

What about advanced movement and footwork? What is the best way to improve advanced footwork/movement using pads or in paired exercises?

Thanks again for your helpful replies!

Comment

Working...
        X