No announcement yet.

The Most Powerful Military Powers In The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    They are not the most powerful military in the world but i got to give it to Fiji, they are always involved in UN peace keeping operations.
    fijians always win un peacekeeper competitions too.

normal fijian troops can hang with u.s. rangers and british sas during competitions.

the fijians are very athletic. they're like the samoans in built and athleticism.

Comment

• Strength and number play a part in a nations military prowess but it does not tell the whole story.

Environment and experience is a major factor.

Look at Afghanistan, many of the world super powers have attempted to conquer this land yet it always becomes a war of attrition due to the environmental factors and the experience and drive of the opposing forces.

The US would win every war quickly if every battle was fought on an open plain but it doesn't work that way (look at Vietnam) therefore you must have a core of well trained experienced troops backed by the resources to support them.

Smaller forces from say GB or Israel do not have the resources of others therefore they concentrate on more defined skill sets and enhanced training.

This is what makes the US and GB a good military partnership. The US have tended to supply the resources and blanket force whilst GB have carried out the precision and specific attacks and strikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        go to walden books and type in military balance by the international institute of strategic studies.

there's my source. i don't have their most recent edition but the one i have is from 2001. still pretty relevent.

federation of american scientists has a website. type in fas/man. federation of american scientists military analysis network. they have some good information on there of course not as detailed as the books and studies they've published.
        Sorry man, I can't do your research for you. The same way I don't expect you to do the same. When it comes to providing links, all you do is paste the address from the website you read it off. You don't tell the person you're debating with to go to "so and so website", because you're supposed to provide it. I don't understand what the problem is. Again, I would respect the fact that you would at least put in the effort but you haven't even done that. And it's even more annoying when you tell me that my links are irrelevant or that I don't know what I'm posting about when I'm the one who is actually posting links and backing up my claims.

All I'm asking is to provide me with a link to the number of troops of American's (and allies) in the second Gulf war vs the number of Iraqi troops that were in the war including the ones in Kuwait. You said the coalition forces were outnumbered 6-1. If you can't than I'll take it that it's false.
        Last edited by Don Corleone; 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X