No announcement yet.

Kovalev just took a dump all over the Triple Duck's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    But, it took Floyd 6 years to man up and fight little Manny. Cotto fought Manny at the drop of a hat. Do you see the hypocrisy in your comment?
    Floyd wanted to fight Manny 6 years ago but Manny refused random blood and urine testing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Not when that lineal champ was coming off a weight drained beating and hadn't won a fight worth mentioning besides ancient Hopkins in 2 or 3 years.

The Dawson win was and is ridiculously overrated.
      I don't think the circumstance surrounding the win is that important. How many people picked Stevenson to win that fight?

On the other hand, Kovalev beating Methuselah and a limited Pascal is not that great either. I would love to see Kovalev and Stevenson fight, but to say one resume is far superior than the other is misleading.

I was actually impressed by the Kovalev win last night so I'm not hating, I'm just putting things in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I don't think the circumstance surrounding the win is that important. How many people picked Stevenson to win that fight?

On the other hand, Kovalev beating Methuselah and a limited Pascal is not that great either. I would love to see Kovalev and Stevenson fight, but to say one resume is far superior than the other is misleading.

I was actually impressed by the Kovalev win last night so I'm not hating, I'm just putting things in perspective.
        Not really. Last night put Kovalev clearly above Stevenson resume wise. Hopkins and Pascal is definitely better as a pair than Dawson was, even if we assume Dawson is fine. Campillo was better than Cloud. Cleverly was better than Bellew. The rest of their fights are about equal.

Kovalev holds the clear advantage in every way except the lineal title, which considering everything else he's done makes the lineal title basically meaningless at light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Not really. Last night put Kovalev clearly above Stevenson resume wise. Hopkins and Pascal is definitely better as a pair than Dawson was, even if we assume Dawson is fine. Campillo was better than Cloud. Cleverly was better than Bellew. The rest of their fights are about equal.

Kovalev holds the clear advantage in every way except the lineal title, which considering everything else he's done makes the lineal title basically meaningless at light heavyweight.
          I give you a slight edge over Stevenson's resume but I'm simply disagreeing with the OP that Kovalev's resume (took a dump all over) Stevenson's when he has a win over the lineal champ. The difference is Hopkins (an ATG), and Pascal, but everyone else is about the same.

The one way to settle this is for them fight. Again, I give Kovalev the edge, but Stevenson has that equalizing KO power so it will be an interesting fight. I'm not sure but I think know who you're pulling for in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            I give you a slight edge over Stevenson's resume but I'm simply disagreeing with the OP that Kovalev's resume (took a dump all over) Stevenson's when he has a win over the lineal champ. The difference is Hopkins (an ATG), and Pascal, but everyone else is about the same.

The one way to settle this is for them fight. Again, I give Kovalev the edge, but Stevenson has that equalizing KO power so it will be an interesting fight. I'm not sure but I think know who you're pulling for in that one.
            Well, the thread is about Golovkin, not Stevenson. OP thinks Golovkin is a duck for whatever stupid delusional reason OP has.

And yes, Kovalev and Stevenson need to fight. Now that Kovalev is the WBC mandatory, the only thing stopping the fight is one of them refusing it and relinquishing a belt. I'd definitely root for Kovalev, but people are really, really underestimating Adonis. As much as I hate him he could just easily knock Kovalev out as the other way around. That's why the fight needs to happen, it's a really exciting and uncertain fight on paper.

Comment

Working...
            X