No announcement yet.

How better off would the US have been if Gore was president for 8 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Er no, when it came right down to it, I just couldn't pull the lever for that senile old fart. My first time voting ever was in 2010, for my new congressman Quico Canseco (which got me called up for jury duty.)
    My apologies for jumping to conclusions. Yea he wasnt a good canidate.

Comment

family guy mentioned something about this in an episode.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/fa...-the-quagmires
      Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        My apologies for jumping to conclusions. Yea he wasnt a good canidate.
        No worries, Pugly was 1 for 6 in assumptions about me yesterday. With McCain, you can only hear the same tired old jokes, watch him show poor judgement in his VP pick and fumble around in the debates, before you question whether it's worth the bother. I appreciate his military service, but he's been a poor senator and he was an uninspiring candidate, at best.

Comment

You mean the guy who claimed that Obama's inept debate Wednesday was due to the high altitude in Denver? The man who made 10's of millions fear mongering about Florida being submerged and then bought a 9 million dollar villa on the beach? Oh I'm sure we'd being doing just splendidly.
          we'd be doing a lot better than with bush that's for sure.. for every short coming that Gore has, Bush had thousands more.

Comment

No worries, Pugly was 1 for 6 in assumptions about me yesterday. With McCain, you can only hear the same tired old jokes, watch him show poor judgement in his VP pick and fumble around in the debates, before you question whether it's worth the bother. I appreciate his military service, but he's been a poor senator and he was an uninspiring candidate, at best.
            Let's not forget, cancelling his campaign to help save the economy That was a classic!!!!

Comment

Lets see......a lot more Legislation being crammed down into law.

Besides that....all the fundamentals of the economy that were brewing in the 1990's would've imploded just the same in the 2000's. I'd still say Bush would've been better, and that's saying something. With a (D) in office, there are always these ideological thoughts on how to impose Authoritarian collectivist policies that force us all to empty our pockets and share.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
                Lets see......a lot more Legislation being crammed down into law.

Besides that....all the fundamentals of the economy that were brewing in the 1990's would've imploded just the same in the 2000's. I'd still say Bush would've been better, and that's saying something. With a (D) in office, there are always these ideological thoughts on how to impose Authoritarian collectivist policies that force us all to empty our pockets and share.
                I know you're just a gimmick poster, but as far as the economy being better off; the Bush tax cuts in conjunction with the unfunded wars devastated the economy, as economists at the time said they would.

However, the policies of military Keynesianism may very well have propped up the economy for a time, prior to the collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  I know you're just a gimmick poster,
                  Is this supposed to be an insult to try and marginalize me...?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

but as far as the economy being better off; the Bush tax cuts in conjunction with the unfunded wars devastated the economy, as economists at the time said they would.

Which economists? The same economists that the guy you have displayed in your signature (Ron Paul) rejects as experts. Tax cuts shouldn't be cited as the problem. The Tax cuts were fine and we needed even more of them (as your guy RP would say), the problem was that those said Tax cuts weren't accommodated with Spending cuts. Lack of Spending cuts were the problem, not the Tax cuts.

However, the policies of military Keynesianism may very well have propped up the economy for a time, prior to the collapse.
                  This is a skewed view and by injecting the world "keynesianism"...you'd have as think that you're above the Left/Right fray and are in the Libertarian/Austrian team. You should've used that word in your prior paragraph....before citing Keynesian Economists as experts.
                  Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
                    Is this supposed to be an insult to try and marginalize me...?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Which economists? The same economists that the guy you have displayed in your signature (Ron Paul) rejects as experts. Tax cuts shouldn't be cited as the problem. The Tax cuts were fine and we needed even more of them (as your guy RP would say), the problem was that those said Tax cuts weren't accommodated with Spending cuts. Lack of Spending cuts were the problem, not the Tax cuts.

This is a skewed view and by injecting the world "keynesianism"...you'd have as think that you're above the Left/Right fray and are in the Libertarian/Austrian team. You should've used that word in your prior paragraph....before citing Keynesian Economists as experts.
                    Without going into too much detail, as your meaningless dribble really never warrants much response, how you associate Ron Paul and myself is certainly beyond me.

And I was referring to mainstream, public economists. We're talking about 2001-2002, at which time I was finishing high school. I don't have any names, I just remember the commentaries. However, them being mainstream economists, more or less eliminates Keynesian economists (although true scholars of economics don't confine themselves to ideologies, and Keynes' influence is still very pervasive).

The 'military Keynesianism' statement has nothing to do with any such analyses though. It's not a phrase I created, but it is a phrase which I think is very descriptive of the W. Bush era.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-05-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Instead of George W. Bush...

I'm sure this has been asked before in the lounge but what the hell.

If possible, let's try to get some objective, relatively unbiased opinions. Because well all know the liberals will say that everyone on the planet would be skipping around, holding hands singing "We are the World" if not for Bush and the Conservatives will say that everyone would be speaking Urdu and wearing turbans if we had Gore.

Go.
                      You kidding me?? I would have loved for Gore to be Prez!!! I even took a sign to one of the games that said...GORE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

he is great at giving speeches...

but he delivers on his promises

Over all GORE is the man who will lead us all into the promise land!!!

In Gore We Trust!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X