Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you got? (Ward v best LHW in the world at 175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yes I do think he is better than Dawson. Just my opinion but Dawson in my eyes does nothing as well as Campillo.

I'm not taking anything away from Ward but I've never held Dawson in high regard like others & think Wards win over Froch is far better than his win over Dawson.

Like I say nothing against Ward or Dawson for that matter but I've always felt he was quite chinny, his workrate is poor and whilst he has a lot of great names on his resume, they're pretty much all well, well in their 40s and were clearly past their prime.

If Campillo fought Dawson at 175 tomorrow, I'd take him a heartbeat, whether he got the decision is another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Would have to go with Ward but I think Campillo would give him his toughest test in the pro ranks.

Campillo has to get past Kovalev, that is no easy task.

Hes been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions but hes a very good, complete fighter.
      Hes very balanced though I don't think he has the best chin in the world.

I think apart from having a rather average chin, Campillo does everything well & people talk about a lack of power, he has enough pop to command respect.

Would have to go with Ward taking a 116-112 type decision.
      Disagree.

Campillo can't touch Ward in the pocket; not even close.

His power won't command any respect whatsoever.

His jab is at best average or slightly below. Nothing this guy does says anything about giving Ward the best fight of his life.

If he tries to use his movement like he likes to do, Ward pot shots and beats him from the outside.

Absolutely nothing this guy has done says he gives Ward the toughest fight of his life; not even beating Cloud. We all know Cloud and Ward are two different types of fighters.

This is common sense here.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Disagree.

His jab is at best average or slightly below. Nothing this guy does says anything about giving Ward the best fight of his life.

If he tries to use his movement like he likes to do, Ward pot shots and beats him from the outside.

Absolutely nothing this guy has done says he gives Ward the toughest fight of his life; not even beating Cloud. We all know Cloud and Ward are two different types of fighters.

I think you're really underestimating Campillo here & not even beating Cloud? Did you see that fight? It was one of the worst robberies of the year.
        He beat the **** out of Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I think you're really underestimating Campillo here & not even beating Cloud? Did you see that fight? It was one of the worst robberies of the year.
          He beat the **** out of Cloud.
          When I say "not even beating Cloud", I mean even if he beat Cloud that doesn't = Giving Ward the toughest fight of his life. I explained that earlier in this thread.

I'm not underestimating anyone. Campillo is probably one of the top 5 guys at 175, but there's several other guys at 175 that can beat him:

Hopkins
          Cleverly
          Dawson
          maybe Pascal, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            So? Ward is a ko puncher now?

Dirrell got ko'd too. Nice logic.
            My comment about Campillo getting KO'd had nothing to do with Ward, I was just replying your comment that said "I never seen Campillo lose". Well obviously you didn't see the fight where he got knocked out, that means you don't know much about the guy's career and you make threads about him? lol

And before I forget, what the fcuk does that have to do with anything?

In the history of boxing, guys that had potential went on to do great things after struggling with lesser competition. If you followed the sport, you would know this.

Holyfield and Michael Moorer went life and death with fcuking Bert Cooper to give you a small example.

Mayweather went life and death with Emmanual Augstus. A guy he claimed to be his toughest opponent before Cotto.

Speaking of Cotto, he's been horribly rocked by Torres and Corely; almost stopped.

And the list goes on and on.

Come on man.
            Yes it's possible for a fighter to struggle against lower tier opposition and still become great in the long run, but the chances are small. The fighters you mentioned are exceptional cases. Sure, Cleverly could end up being a HOF fighter, it's possible, but as of today there is no reason at all to to pick Cleverly over Campillo.

Comment

Campillo? Granted Campillo was robbed against Cloud and Shumenov in their rematch fight...but Ward would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with Campillo and neither would Chad Dawson at 175

So I honestly don't see anybody beating Ward at 175 either if Dawson can't do it and I am not even sure Dawson wants a rematch against Ward to be honest not even at 175

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Campillo is a tough fight for any light heavyweight and would pose problems for Ward but I think he loses. Ward just knows how to win fights; he can get down and dirty in the trenches and beat you up, and he's got excellent ring generalship so, like a Roy Jones, he gives off the appearance (to go along with the reality) of being the superior skilled fighter. Campillo is really good but I think Ward is a bit too much.

Dirrell is the wildcard but we have no idea how good he is at this stage and I didn't think he could beat Ward even before he went on a furlough. Ward isn't perfect but he's probably the best fighter in the world right now.
                I like your analysis, but like Bro Jay and I were discussing, Ward only has to take away long range v Dirrel. Dirrel can't do much of anything else. Campillo has more options. I wouldn't favor Campillo but its close to an ever fight imo because my fantasy matchup is at 175

Comment

Disagree.

stop embarrassing yourself, i told you to gtfo earlier when you said campillo's style is like sergio. all you've seen is cloud-campillo and campillo got hi respect and has gotten his respect at 175- not 168.

note that the few astute posters that came inthis thread seem to disagree with you on all accounts. no surprise there

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    stop embarrassing yourself, i told you to gtfo earlier when you said campillo's style is like sergio. all you've seen is cloud-campillo and campillo got hi respect and has gotten his respect at 175- not 168.

note that the few astute posters that came inthis thread seem to disagree with you on all accounts. no surprise there
                    Embarrassing myself?

Have you seen "your" poll?

Only embarrassment is you and this stupid thread. We've told you over and over the fight's not close. What don't you understand about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      My comment about Campillo getting KO'd had nothing to do with Ward, I was just replying your comment that said "I never seen Campillo lose". Well obviously you didn't see the fight where he got knocked out, that means you don't know much about the guy's career and you make threads about him? lol

no but you implied campillo cant fuk with ward but in the next sentence you said dirrel can (who has also been ko's in much worse fashion.

ive seen every campillo fight I can find on youtube. 6 fights. i know he lost by ko but why dont you tell me about it?

Comment

Working...
                      X