No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Hits Back: Responds To Chavez Jr. Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
    Wow, you are truly a moron if you think Canelo won all those fights (as a teenager) because of his looks. Really? Were Canelo's opponents distracted by his red hair and thus got KTFO? Your logic is like that of a 12 year old female.

How does looks merit knockouts and W's? It doesn't.
    He didnt' say he won the fights because of his looks.He said he got the notoriety in Mexico because of his looks. A ginger mexican.

Are you this dumb all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      You cant be serious! This is Jr 3rd real challange and the other 2 have been under suspicion. He is no fighter nor is he a real champion. He is fighting the real WBC champion on Sept 15th....if he makes weight
      He's a better fighter than ginger period. Ginger ducks an entire division. Anyone that believes ginger is a better fighter is not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
        Bahaha man this is ridiculous. Let me get this straight, the guy who lives off his daddy's name is calling out Canelo for living off of his name? Whoa!

Let me provide some insight, when both were up and coming, Canelo was calling out Jr. and he ran. Matter of fact he ran for 2 years from Canelo. Jr. is now trying to turn the tables?

Canelo once said, "I want to show the world that I made my name with my fists, not my name."

Jr. has the name and there's a general consensus (in Mexico) that fights were gift wrapped for him. So really, who is living off of somebody else's accomplishments and name?

Once Jr. ****ed up in weight, the fight was a foregone conclusion. The great Nacho Bernstein said it best, "Canelo is a champion, Jr. is a champion, they both have their networks and will make millions. Let it go already."

-nuff said
        Nope.

Canelo said he didn't use Jr's name to get a step up (just like he didn't really sucker punch Archie Solis). The video shows that he clearly did.

Jr has never denied that his Daddy's name helped him.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          He didnt' say he won the fights because of his looks.He said he got the notoriety in Mexico because of his looks. A ginger mexican.

Are you this dumb all the time?
          Yes, he got notoriety in Mexico because he was a red head, had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was undefeated as a TEENAGER and racking up 20+ knockouts (of adults). Teenagers knocking out adults and going undefeated in 30+ bouts in professional boxing happens all the time - especially in a country like Mexico.

Did his hair color help with his fame? Sure, but if you truly believe he won fame because of the color of his hair and not by merit, then I must ask - are you this dumb all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            Nope.

Canelo said he didn't use Jr's name to get a step up (just like he didn't really sucker punch Archie Solis). The video shows that he clearly did.

Jr has never denied that his Daddy's name helped him.
            Ya, two things:

1. At the time, they were both undefeated and young rising Mexican stars. It was only natural and a matter of time that media connect the dots. Canelo was open to the fight, called him out and Jr. ran. I completely agree with Canelo, he made it with his fists, not his name or because he called out a mediocre fighter.

2. Calling somebody out in boxing doesn't make you automatically famous, scrubs call out elite boxers all the time. Do they become famous because of it?

Bottom line, Canelo wasn't fed with a golden spoon like Jr. And now Jr. is claiming that Canelo is riding his coat tails? Hahaha that's ridiculous. Had Jr. had the balls and faced him when he was called out, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              He's a better fighter than ginger period. Ginger ducks an entire division. Anyone that believes ginger is a better fighter is not worth the effort.
              Ginger was in line to fight Paul Williams. How can you say he ducks? Paul Williams would've been a hell of a tough fight.

Comment

Working...
              X