Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Maidana Ruin Khan Like Chavez Did To Meldrick Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

For the younger generation that don't get my frame of reference.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
      Maidana gave Khan one hell of a beating but he didn't ruin him. Khan can't fight on the inside and can't take a punch. It was only a matter of time before he got knocked out.
      yup
      Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Absolutley not. Khan was just very overrated and got exposed.
      khan is just khan. a little overrated yes, but exposed i taught it was clear after prescott. however khan is a intertwining fighter. even if he is overrated, he reminds me of Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
        yup

khan is just khan. a little overrated yes, but exposed i taught it was clear after prescott. however khan is a intertwining fighter. even if he is overrated, he reminds me of Ricky Hatton.
        Heh, Khan and Hatton are two different styles completely, Hatton is a face first brawler, Khan is a boxer/puncher, The only thing they have in common is they both have a UK passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          This is thread is reaching like Muggsy Bogues trying to block Manute Bol's Space Hook.

Comment

No way.

He hardly even took a beating the Maidana fight, outside of 2 rounds.

Taylor was a mess after the Chavez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
              I agree. I thought he improved after the Prescott loss, but I always knew that he was still very limited, and as a result, unlike a lot of people it seems, I never brought into the idea that he was a legitimate threat to Floyd Mayweather. He did have some impressive victories like against Kotelnik and to a lesser extent Maidana, but the man just gets hit far too much and far too easily, a recurring theme with Freddie Roach fighters. I wouldn't compare him to Ricky Hatton. Hatton actually earned his shot at Mayweather and Pacquiao by beating some very good boxers and one great one in Kostya Tszyu. I don't have a problem with you calling Ricky Hatton overrated but he did beat a future Hall of Famer and only lose to the absolute best, where as Amir Khan lost to 3 guys who aren't really at the top level, all of whom he was expected to beat fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                I agree. I thought he improved after the Prescott loss, but I always knew that he was still very limited, and as a result, unlike a lot of people it seems, I never brought into the idea that he was a legitimate threat to Floyd Mayweather. He did have some impressive victories like against Kotelnik and to a lesser extent Maidana, but the man just gets hit far too much and far too easily, a recurring theme with Freddie Roach fighters. I wouldn't compare him to Ricky Hatton. Hatton actually earned his shot at Mayweather and Pacquiao by beating some very good boxers and one great one in Kostya Tszyu. I don't have a problem with you calling Ricky Hatton overrated but he did beat a future Hall of Famer and only lose to the absolute best, where as Amir Khan lost to 3 guys who aren't really at the top level, all of whom he was expected to beat fairly easily.
                true that. I will always be a ricky hatton fan. Yeah, Amir is good but once you have a suspect chin, people are going to go for it. which is really weird because garcia did short work of amir, while on the other hand maidana could not drop him. so i am really curious to really believe khan has a glass chin and just got over confident with garcia, while he should have been running away like what he did with maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Khan needs to admit he has a weakness and use his assets to try to avoid getting hurt. He should make defense his top priority.
                  Absolutely. The more he sparred with Pacquiao the more wild he fought like him. Khan can't afford to be confrontational like Pac. He needs to be a measured fighter.

Comment

Khan didn't lose anything in performance from the Maidana fight. His weaknesses were once again shown, it's not like it took something out of his future performances. Khan is just not very skilled for a top level fighter, his speed and range can only get him so far.

Taylor lost something from the physical damage against Chavez and the move to 147, but was still a better fighter after that than Khan ever was. At least for a couple years.

Comment

no..he ruined himself

Comment

Working...
                      X