Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins, calzaghe. slap his way to a descision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Wasn't that boring against Dawson or Pascal. In his whole 46-0 record, does Joe Calzaghe have any good wins or are they all against cans, nobodies or guys past their prime? Just wondering, as I still have his career set to watch.
    B-Hop is a good win.

You could attack him at his funeral and he would still be difficult to look good against.

But other than him, the only elite level win is Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Calzaghe isn't an ATG.

This is supposed to be his best win, and it was a miserably boring split decision.
      I agree. Calzaghe isn't an ATG, but he clearly beat Hopkins.
      Those people who say Hopkins won that fight are Hopkins "Super fans" or they just hate Calzaghe so much that they give every round to Hopkins in which Calzaghe throws 100 punches and Hopkins throws only 2.
      And then they say "those 2 punches of Hopkins connected. Calzaghe only connected 35 of his 100 punches. Hopkins landed 2 out of 2 punches, that is called a 100 % connect percentage. He outboxed Calzaghe".

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        I agree. Calzaghe isn't an ATG, but he clearly beat Hopkins.
        Those people who say Hopkins won that fight are Hopkins "Super fans" or they just hate Calzaghe so much that they give every round to Hopkins in which Calzaghe throws 100 punches and Hopkins throws only 2.
        And then they say "those 2 punches of Hopkins connected. Calzaghe only connected 35 of his 100 punches. Hopkins landed 2 out of 2 punches, that is called a 100 % connect percentage. He outboxed Calzaghe".
        Frankly, I don't give a ****.

Neither fighter deserved the win. I'd rather forget it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Just wondering, as I still have his career set to watch.

Lol, if someone offered me his whole career set for £5 i would honestly give it a miss.

Comment

Frankly, I don't give a ****.

Neither fighter deserved the win. I'd rather forget it happened.
            Okay, so Hopkins doesn't come to fight and you say neither deserved the win? Calzaghe came to fight and Hopkins saw Calzaghe's weapons and avoided them by clinching the whole fight. All Calzaghe did the whole fight was try to get out of the clinches and throw punches.
            So how can you blame Calzaghe for that?
            That is ridiculous.

Comment

Okay, so Hopkins doesn't come to fight and you say neither deserved the win? Calzaghe came to fight and Hopkins saw Calzaghe's weapons and avoided them by clinching the whole fight. All Calzaghe did the whole fight was try to get out of the clinches and throw punches.
              So how can you blame Calzaghe for that?
              That is ridiculous.
              Hopkins threw nothing, Calzaghe threw slaps. Inaccurate ones. Even managed to hit the canvas in a fight where his opponent seemed like he was trying to throw as few punches as he could.

A forgettable night of boxing for even the biggest fans of either man, I don't care which way it went or how wide, I'm going to go back to ignoring it.
              Last edited by Capaedia; 01-27-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

No you didn't. There was a knockdown.
                9-3-3 with the 1st rd knockdown for BHop makes it 116-114

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                  My mistake.

dur

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    9-3-3? You mean 9 rounds to 3 for Calzaghe? 9 rounds to 3 for Calzaghe is a 117:111 scorecard. Now you include the knockdown and you have it 116:111 Calzaghe, not 116:114.
                    Or did you mean something else?
                    EDIT: I think you meant 6-3-3. Then it might be right.

Comment

9-3-3? You mean 9 rounds to 3 for Calzaghe? 9 rounds to 3 for Calzaghe is a 117:111 scorecard. Now you include the knockdown and you have it 116:111 Calzaghe, not 116:114.
                      Or did you mean something else?
                      EDIT: I think you meant 6-3-3. Then it might be right.
                      Yup, I meant 6-3-3, thanks. I still don't wanna see the fight again to reaffirm my card

Comment

Working...
                      X